• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MSI Afterburner Question

Endurancevm

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
1,239
I am running dual monitors on my GTX260 and obviously the driver wont allow it to downclock in 2D. To remedy this, I have MSI's afterburner where I have forced 2D clocks the lowest they will go, however the app won't allow me to go lower. For example, I want to run my GTX260 at low-power 3D/2D clocks of 400/800/300 @ 1.025v and it won't allow me to go that low(the lowest it goes is 465/971/810. Core, shader, memory).

I was wondering, is there a way to edit a cfg or something that will allow me to set custom bottom/top thresholds for clocks?
 
I know to exceed the lock on my XFX 5870 I had to edit a file in the directory. It may be the same for your issue.

Look for the MSIAfterburner.cfg file and then at the bottom you will see this line:

EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 0

Change the 0 to a 1 and save it then try your tweaks again.

good luck.

P.S.

I rushed through this (A bad habit.) and when I went back to double check, It's listed under:

[ATIADLHAL]

So, I am not sure if applies to specifically ATI or if it's simply coincidence. (I hope it works for you, apologies if not. Oops, my noobness is showing.....:eek:)
 
Last edited:
I know to exceed the lock on my XFX 5870 I had to edit a file in the directory. It may be the same for your issue.

Look for the MSIAfterburner.cfg file and then at the bottom you will see this line:

EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 0

Change the 0 to a 1 and save it then try your tweaks again.

good luck.

P.S.

I rushed through this (A bad habit.) and when I went back to double check, It's listed under:

[ATIADLHAL]

So, I am not sure if applies to specifically ATI or if it's simply coincidence. (I hope it works for you, apologies if not. Oops, my noobness is showing.....:eek:)

Unfortunately that doesn't do anything for nvidia cards.

I tried going into my profile cfg and manually setting memclock to 300, but upon loading the profile in afterburner it sets the memory clock to stock(1200).
 
Back
Top