MSI Afterburner issues

Sinster

Gawd
I'm running dual 6950 unlocked shaders. I have the cards o/c to 6970 .. 1.175v / 880Mhz / 1375 Mhz.

Each time I reboot my computer one of the cards during 3d gaming reverts to stock speeds.

2D profile and 3D profiles are both locked. What I have to do is jump though my a## to get them o/c again. When I move the slider to o/c and hit apply the card jumps back to stock speed. After several attempts it actually takes and I setup my profiles again. Lock them. I go play and they are both overclocked. When I reboot one goes to default and the other stays o/c

is there an option in afterburner to sync both cards to the same clocks? if so see if its enabled or disabled. might be the reason its resetting the second card but i don't know for sure.

You may need to disable ULPS in the registry.
If that fails, I'd find the 6950 tutorial here: http://www.overclock.net/amd-ati/923129-hd-6950-810-1250-mhz-shader.html Follow what the guy says about SmartDoctor

Pull the SmartDoctor out out the downloadable file, install and enable the higher parameters in the CCC, under settings in SmartDoctor.............

You can then use CCC for every.thing and the clocks will stick, no messing with another software to OC the cards. Afterburner can be hit and miss.:eek:

Back