MSI 975X Platinum V.2

NrthnStar5

n00b
Greetings,

I just purchased an MSI 975X Platinum V.2 Mobo , i get everything hooked up an in place. I turn the computer on, everything starts up, however the monitor never turns on, and after about 10 sec. or so the computer shuts off. It then restarts itself and stays on for about 10 sec. this cycle keeps on going until the power is shut off. I've tried isolating what could be causing this, unplugged all peripherals, took out sound card , readjusted video card, made sure processor was placed correctly, played with the ram chips...

Now, the PSU i currently have hooked up to this mobo is a Dynex 400 watt. Now, inside the mobo manual, it says the ATX 12V power connection should be great than 18A. The box for the Dynex PSU says the max for the +12V1 and the +12V2 is 15A. The mobo manual also says to have a 450W PSU or higher. Would this be causing the problem i'm currently experiencing when turning on the computer?

there is alittle USB thing with a couple of LED's that tell you boot problems. is that plugged in and reading any errors?

Sounds like something might be overheating.. like the cpu? is the heat sink on well?

The heatsink is completely on, I double verified that and that the processor was properly seated.

I found some other forums regarding this issue and they described the exact same symptoms with this board how it was an endless cycle, and they found out it was a ram issue...

My new PSU comes today, I hope i can get this thing running.

Back