MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do it! If they had them in stock around me I would have done that, but I decided to just order it online. At this point... I just want my card!

I did. I am now a proud owner of a BFG card. With the %10 coupon I paid $227 total (after taxes).

So long Dell.

I ordered o the 27th so it sounds like there's a dramatic increase in delays just by ordering a day later. Of course, i don't expect mine to ship on the 17th but I'll let 'em keep delaying because with tax and shipping best buy wants $260: no good. I'll bide my time on this one because the msrp on the 9000 series is RIDICULOUS and then you add in the fact that no one will see one of these 9000 series card until late February and then you'll probably here about an insane deal on an 8900... I'd say just keep the order and hope for the best.

After driving to Fry's Anaheim and purchasing an EVGA for $259.99. I couldn't wait any longer, no more online shenanigans.

The card had the 70mm fan, and a modified bios that changes fan speed with temps. I have an AC1 from ewiz waiting for it, that will happen later tonight.

Dell is to blame.

Very simple scenario, if you had a store and knew your capacity, let's say 1000 units (if you have a store and don't know what your capacity is you shouldn't be running a business) and you took pre-orders for this particular item and they started piling up.

Would you?
a) Stop talking orders at 1000
b) Take about 10-15% additional orders because some people do cancel
c) Just keep taking orders and see what happens

Guess what Dell did? You think they aren't to blame?

You guys are arguing from the pretense that they actually intended to sell these cards.

What if they exploited the popularity of the 8800 GT just to get people to open new Dell accounts?

And don't say it's illegal. Dell is a multi-billion dollar enterprise. Whether you like it or not, there ain't much that's illegal when you got that kind of dough.

Big companies, comes big responsibility.

same with my country... little people like an ant, easily crushed.
so what can i do?

wishing a good price, yeah i really do.

but demand and supply is hard to argue.

even though i really hate this position.

For 8800gt seekers who have a Best Buy store near, I would recommend you inquire the staff about their next shipment.

My local Best Buy doesn't have it in stock but 3 are in transit and will likely arrive this Saturday night. The clerk said to come by around 8 p.m. The staff there was very helpful and, after factoring in the 10 percent off coupon, at $214, this will be almost as good a price as the Dell "deal.":)

I got the bfg at my local BB for $223 after taxes. Which is $2 more than what the dell deal would have been.

My 2 MSIs ordered 11/21 @ shopblt.com are now w/ FedEx, arriving tomorrow. $250/ea. So its possible Dell will meet their 12/17 ETA.

Why do they always ask for your phone# and best time to call? I want to talk to them now. I don't want them calling be back. What for?

If they can meet the order, good. I don't want to see all these people waiting for months to get their cards. I'm officially out though. Got my BFG in the mail. This kind of deal is good for someone who has a running system and is in no rush to upgrade.

I still have not received any more delay emails since my original pushing my date to 12/17.

Keeping my fingers crossed that my order late night 11/24 has some priority.... but probably not. :(

I still have not received any more delay emails since my original pushing my date to 12/17.

Keeping my fingers crossed that my order late night 11/24 has some priority.... but probably not. :(

You won't either till the 17th. If it goes out you will get a email if it doesn't you will get another delay email. I think all the recent delay emails are from ppl that originally had ship dates after the 10th. Mine was the 10th and is now the 17th.

I got my delay notice this morning. New "estimated shipping date": 12/22

If people don't start getting their cards this month, I think this is front page [H] worthy. Companies need bad publicity when they jerk around their customers.

ill check mine, i would keep it when it comes and sell it to someone else since i picked one up at clubit when they had them for a few minutes, it shipped already for me from clubit so i know its coming. i dont get paid till next week so if dell did manage to ship it will break me. so im gonna cancel mine and maybe it will let someone else have one.

I called the sales department today, and the dude told me they are getting 3600 units. I asked him if I would be guaranteed one of those, and he said no. He said those that ordered within the 24th and 25th time frame are likely to get one. I don't believe him but he gave me his contact info so we can make a "deal" if it doesn't ship out by the 18th.

I'm just gonna wait for the heck of it to see what happens. Might as well.

I should have ordered the 24th. I just had to procrastinate and wait till the 27th... At least i don't need the card to have a working system.

I called the sales department today, and the dude told me they are getting 3600 units. I asked him if I would be guaranteed one of those, and he said no. He said those that ordered within the 24th and 25th time frame are likely to get one. I don't believe him but he gave me his contact info so we can make a "deal" if it doesn't ship out by the 18th.

I'm just gonna wait for the heck of it to see what happens. Might as well.

Shipping Method: Next Business Day
Shipped Date: 12/14/2007
Est. Delivery Date: 12/17/2007
Carrier: DHL
Tracking Number(s): xxxxxxxxxxx
Current As Of: 12/14/2007

I bet alot of other peoples shipped too if mine did, I wasn't exactly the first one in on this, there were already 10+ pages on this thread when I found out.

I already had a dell preferred account so I just stuck it on my tab :)

Judging by your sig? you ordered the XFX and not the MSI so that might have contributed to yours getting shipped.

I checked and double checked my MSI, and it's still not shipped.

BTW, what time did you order? I ordered early morning on the 25th, if that makes any difference.

Yes it is the XFX 8800GT 512

Ordered it late afternoon November 25th, probably close to 5:00 PM

The MSI card isn't even on the site anymore, they took it off the day I ordered, one minute it was there and the next it was gone so I got the XFX instead.

No I put that in my sig because thats what my computers going to be when I get the 8800GT, I actually just got another 500GB Western Digital today so it should say 2x 500gb WD also.

Rightnow I use a MSI 8600GTS OC with a Zalman vf900. I'm trading the 8600GTS for a AM2 4200+ X2 and a IDE 160gb HDD, mailing out on monday when I get the 8800GT :)

And what's this? It looks like you already have an 8800GT!! BOO THIS MAN!

Since late Nov. I have slowly been building a new rig Q6600, 8 gig, P5K Premium, FHD2400, 2x500gb HD, and ofcourse a 8800GT.

GUESS WHAT'S MISSING! HINT: IT'S THE FUCKING VIDEO CARD!

FUCK DELL TO HELL

Since late Nov. I have slowly been building a new rig Q6600, 8 gig, P5K Premium, FHD2400, 2x500gb HD, and ofcourse a 8800GT.

FUCK DELL TO HELL

XFX8800GT.jpg

This is the funniest thing I've read all night! I feel you man, when i had my chat with dell, which i posted recently due to it hilarity and my sheer and utter anguish, I felt the same way. The only difference is that i need the 8800gt to play Crysis and in the mean time i bought a console system. HINT: IT'S A FUCKING PLAYSTATION 3! My advice, Don't by one. I bought it to play assassins creed to hold me over until i get this card. REVELATION: Assassins creed is a repetitive boring ass game and i'm selling it before I even finish it! Probably selling the Playstation too. I guess i can never go back to my console ways since switching to PC. The glory days of the SNES are over. :mad: Thank god for emulators!!! Oh and while I'm bitching, Vizio sucks. Don't buy their shit.

FUCK DELL TO HELL

I think I will cancel my from Dell since I found one at Bestbuy for 225 after taxes. Went to 3 Bestbuys. The one said it have it from online status didnt have it but the one that didnt have it from online status have it :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back