MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the link below there is only one batch of the 208$ MSI card coming in before Christmas. I also read that someone is supposed to have theirs shipped today and since I didn't receive an order delay I'm Hoping I get my delivery confirmation. The 8800Gt has an MSRP of 200-250$ so I can't justify spending over 250$ for this card. Also if it ships today I get free next day shipping!

Luder[PAK9];1031784105 said:
Hmmm. According to this chat transcript on fatwallet, they'll be getting cards but not enough of them:

I just got off the phone and chat with Dell. The phone support still said it will ship on or before the 17th. But they did say that it is already boxed.

The Chat support said it is shipping today.

I ordered 11/24/7 right when this deal was posted, maybe 10 minutes after at the most.

Hope I am not getting anyone's hopes up if this is BS. This is what they told me but I am taking it with a grain of salt.

I can paste the whole chat logs later at lunch if anyone wants, but here is the important part of the text chat log:

10:16:34 AM Agent Sukhpreet Jeji
I can see that the item "GEFORCE 8800GT PCIE 512MB-DUAL DVI TVOUT OVERCLOCK" is estimated to ship today on 12/12/2007.

Anyways, good luck to everyone. I just ordered the best buy deal with overnight to hold me off till this ships. I will be kind of annoyed if they both get here tomorrow but I guess it will be easier to return the best buy one that way.

IM keeping my fingers crossed, ive been withought a pc for 2 weeks now... and im using my dads shitty pentium 3 with 256 mb ram..

I talked to their customer support today and they told me they are expected to ship on the 17th still and have no record of them recieving 3600 of them. I did get upgraded to next day air shipping because I whined alot. lol

Just received an email from Dell

My order placed on 11/27 and was supposed to ship today was just pushed back to 01/15/2008

Two months to fill an order huh?

Just got my delay email.

Ordered the 27th, original estimated ship was today the 12th. Email indicates the next estimated ship is the 19th, 7 days from now. (I had ordered 2 cards in the same order).

Ouch to the max. Pushed back to 1/24/08! Time to cancel and tell Dell to KMA. I'll even let them pick which cheek. :mad:

Tried to keep hope up as long as I could.

I think we should all screw with dell on this deal.
Right before the card ships, we should all cancel so Dell is left with an excessive amount of MSI cards. Shows them for messing around with our orders :D

I think we should all screw with dell on this deal.
Right before the card ships, we should all cancel so Dell is left with an excessive amount of MSI cards. Shows them for messing around with our orders :D

They'll just resell them at $279 instead of the $208 we all paid for them.

Yeah, we'll show them.

What a surprise, pushed to the 19th...Debating wether to cancel right now...Don't know wether to just go with EVGA GTS from Newegg and step up to 9800 when it's out or wait another week for the 8800GT from Dell. If I knew for sure 9800 would be out in time to step up I wouldn't hesitate to buy the GTS but I don't want to spend the extra if I wont be able to recoup it via the stepup program!

Decisions...Decisions...

im just about to quit on dell, but on the other hand i have no money either way... and i need this card before christmas....

Has ANYONE actually received their 8800GT from Dell or has confirmed shipping with a tracking #?

not me, im thinking of running over to bestbuy tomorow morning, the bfg will be available 237$

Has ANYONE actually received their 8800GT from Dell or has confirmed shipping with a tracking #?

I don't think so but hopefully we will see some today but I ain't holding my breath. Anyone that ordered after the 24th/25th I think will be waiting till after Xmas before they get theres. If we all don't end up having to wait.

not me, im thinking of running over to bestbuy tomorow morning, the bfg will be available 237$

I hope my BB gets some in stock.

I just chatted with a Dell rep again. 2 days ago they said today was the ship date even though online it showed the 17th to be the ship date. Today I was told it is the 17th. If on the 17th my order gets pushed back I will probably cancel. Or if I find something in the meantime.

I wonder when most people ordered. I ordered 4oclock pacific on the 24th. I also ordered the BFG from BB for 260 because part of me strongly believes this might not happen. If I end up with both I'll just ebay the other or give it to my bro as a "belated" Xmas gift.

I too ordered around like 4:30 p.m. pacific on the 24th and I have gotten no shipping information of the sort. Oh well if it doesn't ship out next Monday, I might as well cancel it.

By the time of my post I ordered after 11pm on the 24th. I wonder though if their orders are time stamped or just date stamped. Everyone on the 24th could be in the same boat.

I ordered just a few minutes after the initial post on the Tech Power-Up forum and figured I was in like flynn. 11/24 just after 3 p.m. Pacific. Same shipping estimate as the rest of you.

I ordered just a few minutes after the initial post on the Tech Power-Up forum and figured I was in like flynn. 11/24 just after 3 p.m. Pacific. Same shipping estimate as the rest of you.

That would mean they're treating all the orders from that day the same.

The sad thing is that they haven't managed to get a single card yet, let alone thousands.

I was about to order mine earlier this month but thank goodness I held up my purchase, otherwise I would have wasted my time and blocked my money

Just cancelled my order, they offered me 25.00 to keep the order but I said no thanks, if they can't meet a 12/12 deadline then why should I believe they will meet a 12/19 deadline? Seems like some pretty shady business. I would expect better from Dell but I guess they are going downhill.

Definitely won't be shopping with them anymore after this.

Goodluck to everyone else with getting your cards.

Cheers

Just cancelled my order, they offered me 25.00 to keep the order but I said no thanks, if they can't meet a 12/12 deadline then why should I believe they will meet a 12/19 deadline? Seems like some pretty shady business. I would expect better from Dell but I guess they are going downhill.

Definitely won't be shopping with them anymore after this.

Goodluck to everyone else with getting your cards.

Cheers

Hmm, i should threaten them and say im going to cancel so they take off 25$ of my order...;)

Hmm, i should threaten them and say im going to cancel so they take off 25$ of my order...;)

Then again you might get someone who doesn't care and cancels it :D. All I did was ask if they could at least upgrade me to free overnight shipping since I've had to wait and the guy offered me a $20 discount. So if I ever get the card I will only have $200.xx in it.

Doesn't really matter if they give you 100 dollars off if you never get the card though does it? ;) Hopefully you all do get them but I was just disappointed waiting two weeks and watching all the other GT's get sold only to be told the card would not be shipping.

I feel a little better though, i managed to get in for two 8800GTS from Mwave for 250 each :eek: Hope this deal goes through, but if it doesn't at least I wont have to wait two weeks to find out :D

Good luck everyone!

Doesn't really matter if they give you 100 dollars off if you never get the card though does it? ;) Hopefully you all do get them but I was just disappointed waiting two weeks and watching all the other GT's get sold only to be told the card would not be shipping.

I feel a little better though, i managed to get in for two 8800GTS from Mwave for 250 each :eek: Hope this deal goes through, but if it doesn't at least I wont have to wait two weeks to find out :D

Good luck everyone!

Im talking to dell chat support right now, lets see what they say....

I recieved email said it was delay to 01/11/08 but when I click on the link it is still the same. Is anyone else getting this?

I recieved email said it was delay to 01/11/08 but when I click on the link it is still the same. Is anyone else getting this?

Some have been told early next year. When did you order? Non of us might not see them till then if at all but if I was guessing ppl with dates of Jan/Feb are some of the last to order before the deal died.

Oh snap... I just got the delayed email. 12/19/07 is the new estimated date.

Sigh an evga card with a step up to a 9000 series card in March is looking like a better idea everyday.

my ship date was delayed from the 12th to the 19th. i just got off the phone with dell and was told the bs about the card being discontinued from the manufacturer. i was also told that there is no guarantee for when the card would ship, no way of telling how far back in the line i am, and that i should cancel the order and purchase a different card if it is for a christmas gift.

hopefully, another deal will pop up and i'll be ready to pull the trigger on it...i can't believe i missed the mwave deal ~:mad:

a 8800gt was my only option to buy my myself a gift this year, but dell has to ruin it for everyone!

a 8800gt was my only option to buy my myself a gift this year, but dell has to ruin it for everyone!

Maybe they are gonna let Santa deliver it personally? Yep thats likely the reason for the delay they want to surprise us.

i just telephoned msi and the guy laughed when i told him what dell has been telling us about the card being discontinued. he did say, however, that there is a huge backlog due to a shortage coming out of china. he also suggested looking somewhere else to get a card. :rolleyes:

Well I hope we have all learned a good lesson here.

Don't order hot new stuff from Dell. It won't come in a timely manner. Especially when it nearly pwns the card that costs $500 plus.

That being said I just jumped on the ClubIT MSI for $216 deal. No temptation to waste more money on my expensive comp by stepping up with a Evga card in March. :rolleyes:

Must save money for school and NOT HD-DVD/Blu-ray/Wii/PS3/HDTV/New Computer/Tivo HD. :eek:

This is the latest with my epic battle with dell. :D I'm just joking about the battle and i might just wait for the 9000 series like many others. My order got pushed back to the 19th. GRRRRAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!! Here is the conversation i had with tech support minus the queep of course. I've seen some pretty humorous conversations with dell reps. Maybe they deserve their own forums. hint hint...

The guy who want's a deal: "I'm excellent. I just had a quick question about my order. I know dell has been having problems getting these cards in and are delaying them for many people. I have not received a delay notice but my projected ship date is still for today the 12th of December with an arrival date of tomorrow.
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "I will surely help you regarding this issue, but before I go ahead, for verification purposes Could you please verify the name on the account ?"
The guy who want's a deal: "Screwed by inflation"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "Could you please provide an alternate number or the cell phone number where we can reach you ?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "What will be the best time to call you ?"
The guy who want's a deal: "Is that really necessary?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "it is required for the follow purposes."
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "do you have any gift card over this order?"
The guy who want's a deal: "no..."
Agent (Virat Jaswal): ",As per records I can see that Your order is currently in production, and we expect it to ship on or before 12/12/07. It is an estimated shipping date, however there are chances that it might get shipped earlier"
The guy who want's a deal: "Um, that's not physically possible..."
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "Is there anything else that I may assist you with today?"
The guy who want's a deal: "yes, i don't think my question was answered...I was saying my order has not been marked as being late but many others have been. I was asking if the shipping date is correct, today is the 12th and it is supposed to ship today."
The guy who want's a deal: "If it is supposed to ship the 12th (today) it can't ship earlier than that today if today is the 12th."
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "The guy who want's a deal, Currently one or more items are backordered. Every effort is being made to complete the order.and the we expect it to ship on or before 12/12/07" 1
The guy who want's a deal: "Does that mean the 8800gt I ordered is in stock to send me or not?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "It is back ordered."
The guy who want's a deal: "So the lot of 8800gt is backordered but my order was placed long enough ago that i may get one shipped today?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "I suggest you to get the order and then we will compensate for the inconvenience caused.."
The guy who want's a deal: "What are you trying to say?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "As you are valued customer of Dell we will compensate for the inconvenience caused to you due to delay in order."
The guy who want's a deal: "How will you do that?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "As of now it is Every effort is being made to complete the order."
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "It is backordered as a result of that it wont be shipped today." Agent (Virat Jaswal): "Is there anything else that I may assist you with today?"
The guy who want's a deal: "It will not be shipped? And you have no idea when it will be?"
The guy who want's a deal: "Seeing as i've been waiting a month can i get a projected arrival date?"
Agent (Virat Jaswal): "Every effort is being made to complete the order.and the we expect it to ship on or before 12/19/07."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back