MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
just went ahead and canceled my ordered figure i would get an evga down the road and stepup to the new ones in 3 months or so. Good luck to the rest of you

lol my current 8800gt is its replacement. It took a while but i got it eventually:) It was a nightmare

DHL lost my card and they blamed Dell and Dell blamed DHL it was a nightmare.......guess i didnt learn my lesson. I wont order from Dell again

Does it matter who's fault it is, why you so quick to put the blame on someone, just keep waiting, if you didn't order, then get out of this thread.

This company never told you when you will get it, definitely, it was estimated, calm down, relax, breathe .

I ordered them on 11/24 and I am calm and relaxed, just wondering whose fault the company is, that's all.

The following from my chat with Dell last night does not fill me with Christmas cheer or with the hope that my video card will soon be near.

12/10/2007 10:16:25PM xxxxxxxxxx: "I received an email that the card has been delayed"
12/10/2007 10:16:34PM Agent (Umar Rasool Suhrawar): "However, I am sorry to inform you that the item has been discontinued by the manufacturer and will not be shipped."
12/10/2007 10:16:51PM xxxxxxxxxx: "So what is going to replace it?"
12/10/2007 10:17:15PM Agent (Umar Rasool Suhrawar): "I suggest you speak with Sales Department as they would be able to assist you better. You may call them at 1-800-915-3355 between 7am - 11pm CST Monday to Saturday. You may also chat with them from 10am to 9pm CST Monday to Friday. The link is"
12/10/2007 10:17:39PM Agent (Umar Rasool Suhrawar): "http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/contact_us_options?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=3"

For want it is worth, I ordered on the evening of the 24th and I received the form email about the ship date being pushed out a week.

The following from my chat with Dell last night does not fill me with Christmas cheer or with the hope that my video card will soon be near.

12/10/2007 10:16:25PM xxxxxxxxxx: "I received an email that the card has been delayed"
12/10/2007 10:16:34PM Agent (Umar Rasool Suhrawar): "However, I am sorry to inform you that the item has been discontinued by the manufacturer and will not be shipped."
12/10/2007 10:17:15PM Agent (Umar Rasool Suhrawar): "I suggest you speak with Sales Department as they would be able to assist you better. You may call them at 1-800-915-3355 between 7am - 11pm CST Monday to Saturday. You may also chat with them from 10am to 9pm CST Monday to Friday. The link is"
12/10/2007 10:17:39PM Agent (Umar Rasool Suhrawar): "http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/contact_us_options?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=3"

For want it is worth, I ordered on the evening of the 24th and I received the form email about the ship date being pushed out a week.

Someone else on the forum got stuck with that same asshole representative. I guess you weren't as lucky, but definitely talk to another rep. and you can ask again and you can also report the first person you talked to, because he's either telling te truth or being a dick. From what I gleaned, he seems to be the only person saying the orders are discontinued.

Bestbuy has the following available on their web site: BFG - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT OC Graphics Card

The price is 237.99 with the discount. Not as good of a deal but better than the egg right now.

a brand new line of cards being discontinued? sounds like bs to me....it's still listed on the msi website. it's highly unlikely that it would be discontinued unless there was some problem with the card such as failures or such.

I just talked with online chat, mine is supposed to ship 12/13 but they said it's been pushed back to 12/17 and they plan to furfill by that date, not another delay... "working with the manufacturer currently to furfill"

*shrug* i'll wait and see

As much as I'm really excited about getting this card, I kinda don't mind that it will ship late, since the card will be going into a new rig and I'm waiting until the Wolfdale chips come out on January 20th before I build it.

This is good drama though. :D

I'm working with a senior level supervisor over in Electronics and Accessories right now. He's contacting the fulfillment department and is going to get back to me later today about the level of confidence he has that orders will be shipped out tomorrow.

That's right...tomorrow. Supposedly his "inhouse" tool still shows orders for the item as going out tomorrow. We'll see. Anyways, I'll update further when he calls me back.

Oh PS, not to be racist, but this is an America who is now on a first name basis with me and vice versa, so something will be taken care done, I'm sure of it. Just gotta be persistent. :)

If you are wanting to complain, I suggest talking to Electronics and Accessories, not the chat system. I don't find the level of service to be anything worth my time.

I'm working with a senior level supervisor over in Electronics and Accessories right now. He's contacting the fulfillment department and is going to get back to me later today about the level of confidence he has that orders will be shipped out tomorrow.
When you said "working with," for a second I thought that meant you were a Dell employee. I was going to ask if you could get all of our orders bumped up to the front of the line :D

That's right...tomorrow. Supposedly his "inhouse" tool still shows orders for the item as going out tomorrow. We'll see. Anyways, I'll update further when he calls me back.

I ordered @ 8am on 11/27 and 12/12 has been the expected ship date all along. I was supposed to be away on business this week but with the ice storms in the mid west, the trip was cancelled.

I am looking forward to confirmation of my order shipping tomorrow...

FYI: I was expecting my shipping confirmation today and Dell stated "Order Delayed"

Expected ship date 12/19

I ordered @ 8am on 11/27 and 12/12 has been the expected ship date all along. I was supposed to be away on business this week but with the ice storms in the mid west, the trip was cancelled.

I am looking forward to confirmation of my order shipping tomorrow...

Good Luck with that....let us know how it turns out. :D

I just got my BFG 8800GTX in the mail, overnight. Keep trying with Dell and someone may bump you up!

Just heard back from Dell.

According to the fulfillment department, orders are on track for being shipped out TOMORROW! If not, I'll be receiving a call back as far as what will be done (upgrade or whatnot).

Bass - Thanks for taking a proactive approach and gathering some real information - not just accepting the company line from people half-way around the world who have no idea what the 8800GT even is. I hope your source is right and that you keep us updated.

Yeah, no problem. Like I said, I'm talking to someone in Electronics and Accessories, but I'm not going to give out his name for fear of "Hey Mr! Someone on an online forum said you gave him details that my card was shipping out tomorrow but it didn't so give me an 8800 Ultra NOW!" or something to that effect. He's super nice though and called me back and left a message. He said he's going to keep an eye on it for me and if it doesn't ship out he'll be calling me back, no action on my part necessary.

Dell, if you can get to someone high up, is rather helpful.

Just heard back from Dell.

According to the fulfillment department, orders are on track for being shipped out TOMORROW! If not, I'll be receiving a call back as far as what will be done (upgrade or whatnot).

Hmmm. According to this chat transcript on fatwallet, they'll be getting cards but not enough of them:

System You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
... ...
DellDrone ME, as per the latest update your order is estimated to be shipped out on or before 12/17/2007.
DellDrone This is just a conservative shipping date and your order might get shipped sooner also.
DellDrone Our inventory shows that we are expecting 3600 units to arrive by 12/17/2007.
DellDrone However, they are also not enough to clear the back log.

Its a dejavu..2 years ago....http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=923991

If I remember right most of the peeps received the card eventhough it took a long time:)
:D

About 4 years ago, Dell had the X800 XT PE for $300-something. I stopped waiting after 3 months when they gave yet another 2 month delay. People who ordered in August got the cards in late January I think. But that was more of a problem of AMD not being able to make the XT PE for anyone for several months.

I was able to speak to someone stateside in Sales and then eventually someone else in Electronics and Accessories this morning. I was told that I may get lucky and get the card shipped in the batch that is expected to ship in the next couple of days. He also said that if it is not in that batch then it is unlikely to ship before the holiday. He also said that Dell had no comparable replacement product that would ship prior to that Holiday. Looks like Dell has decided to be this Grinch this Christmas

Yeah I ordered mine on the 24th. However I would like to know if anyone ordered on the 23rd? I am hoping I ordered early enough.

I ordered my card the 24th, but before this thread was posted ;D so hopefully i am one of the first to receive it.

Ordered on the 27th...:rolleyes: Man, i really want this card for Crysis. I played through with 8-10 FPS with my SLI 8600 Gt. That just doesn't cut it! Hopefully i'm in the 3600 batch!!

Ordered on the 27th...:rolleyes: Man, i really want this card for Crysis. I played through with 8-10 FPS with my SLI 8600 Gt. That just doesn't cut it! Hopefully i'm in the 3600 batch!!

when is the 3600 batch going to be shipped?

Get a 8800GTS w/ crysis. It's in stock at newegg. A little more, but if you can't wait.

i can wait for a good video card :( except i sold my 8600gt for 80$, to make money for the 8800! :D

Several 8800GT cards are usually in stock @ newegg, ~$260-280, at least $90 below the 512MB GTS. Those are probably a better option if you can't wait for Dell, shopblt, etc

Got in on the BestBuy offer, so I canceled my order. Good luck to those still holding on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back