MSI 7800GTX vs MSI 7800GTX Lite

natpond

Limp Gawd
whats the differecne betweent he MSI 7800GTX and the Lite version? seems the same to me besides maybe the package (software etc.) but i want to make sure before i order the lite and get a clocked down version or something.

thanks in advance
Nat

The lite version isn't supposed to have VIVO.

Not sure if it is a mistake on Newegg's part.

nobi125 said:
The lite version isn't supposed to have VIVO.

Not sure if it is a mistake on Newegg's part.

Why does the Lite version have a VIVO connector if doesnt? 7800GTX Lite ....the only thing i can think of is maybe the games bundle.

**EDIT

ZZF says Lite version has VIVO. And the regular 7800GTX comes with Cronicles of Riddick, Lite version doesnt. Id say its just the game bundle thats different.

thanks. yeah the bundle is what i thought the difference was... but a differene of $50? whatever, cheaper card for me.

I think this paragraph in [H]ard|OCP's review of this card confirms everything here:

Today MSI we have two retail GeForce 7800 GTX-based video cards from MSI to look at. Checking MSI’s product page, they offer two distinct models which are both SLI ready: the NX7800GTX-VT2D256E and the NX7800GTX-VTD256E (Lite). The only difference is that the “Lite” version does not include the game bundle, which consists of The Chronicles of Riddick. The version we have for review today is the regular version with The Chronicles of Riddick. Uniquely, both versions fully support Video In/Video Out (VIVO) functionality for full video capture and editing.

Back