MSI 6990 in stock at Newegg, hurry if you want one

Most of those negative reviews are the same person posting two or three times. I wouldn't worry about it because the 6990's are all reference design and MSI's customer support can't be that bad based on what I've heard. You have at least 30 days to return it to Newegg in case its defective anyways.

Last edited:
Most of the negative reviews are with people trying to use the in-box CD for drivers and failing. Not a problem with the card, just a problem with the people who cant figure out how to install the drivers, and aren't smart enough to go get the latest from AMD's website.

i currently own a 6970 would there be a significant improvement in performance or should I just upgrade my mobo and grab another 6970 for xfire?

// edit

i can do math.. and its better if i do the upgrade.. nvm im not buying it

If you already own a 6970 then the smart move would be to just get another 6970 unless you wanted to get a 6990 and run Trifire.

If you already own a 6970 then the smart move would be to just get another 6970 unless you wanted to get a 6990 and run Trifire.

it is tempting because i can afford to upgrade to tri fire... but I think ill hold off until intel's next release for enthusiasts or maybe when i do build with bulldozer...

until then ill just run my single card

Dang thats a big card! Wouldn't mind picking that thing up if I had the cash. Oh well my 6870 will have to suffice for now.

This is a great card.
No problems since day 1.
The only complaint I have is the cooler is LOUD.
Flipped the BIOS switch and the thing will run all day at 880/1375.

I watercooled mine and the performance is awesome.
Paired with an unlocked 6950 the performance is excellent.:D

Wow, talk about huge.

I just cant see spending that kind of cash on it when the 7xxx series is 3 months or less away.

Wow, talk about huge.

I just cant see spending that kind of cash on it when the 7xxx series is 3 months or less away.

There's no guarantee high-end 7xxx series cards will be released in the next 3 months. You could easily be looking at Q1 2012.

True enough. But it seems we should at least have a good idea of performance, and if so we'll know if its worth waiting a bit for.

I guess that depends on if your willing to wait to play games like Elder Scrolls Skyrim and Battlefield 3 when they come out in Oct-Nov.

Back