MSI-6337 weird stuff going on..

silentnight3985

Limp Gawd
One of my server's has a MSI-6337 mobo in it.well a few days ago it died from some poped caps..no bigge i allready orderd the new fresh caps..but when i removed 2 of the caps to get a rating off of them and all i was playing around and fired the system up later that day while i thought it would post then reboot allover again like it did b4 i removed 2 of the 8 main caps...NOPE! it booted fully and ran ohh sooo stable..i have done repairs on many mobo's b4 but i have never seen this happen,its got me way past stumped im on it right now posting and its just fine,even tried to make it fault by OC'ing it...nope again made it to 166mhz fsb@996mhz on a PIII 800\256\133..i was in shock i primed it with no crash and i watched my temps..voltage was fine at stock 1.75v and temp went up to 42*c under load on my big OEM AMD 2200+ hsf with a high speed 60mm fan on top.I will repair the mobo but im not sure why this thing is running so damn good :eek: there is still 2 more bad caps on the mobo but ill leave them untill the new caps get here.Has any one else had something like this happen?Should i replace the caps,peltier the cpu,slam 512mb of pc133 ram in and let her rip? or should i repair it,set it up stable and send it to my boy Jong that i owe it to any ways?

Back