• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MSI 290X $419.99 Amazon

Not available. You didnt try and buy it did you!?!?!?!

Now its showing $445 from CircuitCity and you can add it to cart.

Order placed at $445+freeship from CC. Lets see if it goes through! Thats $110 cheaper and instock than anywhere else.
 
Jesus that's a hot deal. Was pretty close to pulling the trigger for CF but eh I don't really need it and it's not worth having to explain to the wife.
 
Crap just missed out on it! either CC noticed the price mistake or they ran out of stock.
 
TD showed up with 1 in stock at the $419 and now they are back to OOS 519 from Amazon. Chances are great these will end up cancelled or with 290s but here is to hoping.
 
it just went from 3 in stock to one in about 15 seconds...

Edit: back to showing 3 but if I add it to cart it says not available.....I call shens

EDIT 2: now its OOS.....
 
Has to be a price mistake. TigerDirect has the 290 on sale for that price but not the 290x.
 
Last edited:
You guys will probably see the sale dissappear from your history since this was the case with 780s when amazon had them for around 350. You can still find a rep that might let you get a similar card for the same price tho since some ppl were able to do that.
 
I just bought one for $428.63 shipped. Didn't really mean to buy it, but if it goes through, then fine. I'll let you guys know.
 
yeah and even when I looked on the cached page both the TD and CC links go to a 290 not a 290x.
 
Links went to a 290x when I ordered from CC.

Preparing for Shipment

Shipping Estimate Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Delivery Estimate Friday, November 15, 2013 - Wednesday, November 20, 2013 by 8:00pm
MSI AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card R9 290X 4GD5 MSI AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card R9 290X 4GD5
Sold by CircuitCity
 
They were asking for this to happen by naming the cards 290 and 290x. Should honor the sales but I'd be surprised if they do. Maybe it will be another cheap TV fiasco like they had that one time at TigerDirect. They started charging peoples credit cards for the correct amount lol.

Shit. I hope that doesn't happen.
 
It very explicitly says 290x, and even the MSI 290 is listed on Amazon as $459.
it says that on the Amazon page but when I checked it out there were no TD or CC links at all. again when I tried looking on the cached page the CC and TD links took me to the 290 page.
 
I asked TigerDirect for an invoice copy. They said this item is out of stock, but will be in stock this week and an invoice will be sent soon. And no, I didn't ask if this was the 290x or 290....didn't want to rock the boat.
 
And no, I didn't ask if this was the 290x or 290....didn't want to rock the boat.

Should have rocked the boat because from my experience from TigerDirect screw ups on listings Tiger Direct takes forever to refund you your money if you are not happy with the card that you get.

Last time they screwed up on a listing they didn't do the refund for over 45 days and I had paypal helping me and google. They were in no hurry to give me back my money. I sent them back the wrong item the next day after I received it.
 
Should have rocked the boat because from my experience from TigerDirect screw ups on listings Tiger Direct takes forever to refund you your money if you are not happy with the card that you get.

Last time they screwed up on a listing they didn't do the refund for over 45 days and I had paypal helping me and google. They were in no hurry to give me back my money. I sent them back the wrong item the next day after I received it.

How long was this brother? I know the TD of old old was awesome, then from like '06~'09/10 they were really shitty with CS..Basically after the merger of CompUSA and then CC into one company...They were still operating them like they were 3 separate compaines with the "website" operating as a 4th:rolleyes::rolleyes:....It was a nightmare..

On this topic, why in the hell is Amazon so damn expensive on the 290s? They are $20~55 more then NE, and that is BEFORE the 5% NE coupon they are sending out..
 
How long was this brother? I know the TD of old old was awesome, then from like '06~'09/10 they were really shitty with CS..Basically after the merger of CompUSA and then CC into one company...They were still operating them like they were 3 separate compaines with the "website" operating as a 4th:rolleyes::rolleyes:....It was a nightmare..

About 4 months ago.
 
1 of my cards has shipped. the other has not. Sweet deal so far.
 
Last edited:
Should have rocked the boat because from my experience from TigerDirect screw ups on listings Tiger Direct takes forever to refund you your money if you are not happy with the card that you get.

Last time they screwed up on a listing they didn't do the refund for over 45 days and I had paypal helping me and google. They were in no hurry to give me back my money. I sent them back the wrong item the next day after I received it.

Well there's your problem. I used my Amazon CC....they have been superb for any mistakes/problems with items purchased through Amazon but fulfilled by another company. I have no worries. :)

Using Paypal on the other hand....those guys take FOREVER, especially if the payment is linked to your checking account.
 
PayPal is evil... never ever tie your bank account into it... read the terms.

I almost took them to small claims court due to a debacle of a transaction they let go through, they wanted me to take a double loss (item as well as the money). I ended up winning in the end, but it soured me 100% on paypal and ebay in general.

Good luck to you guys with this.. hope it's the 290x.
 
I ordered from TigerDirect, I emailed them and asked if it's a 290X or 290 will be shipping, if it's 290 then I don't want it. So they response to me by saying my order is cancelled
 
My 290x shipped from Circuit City @ $445. If its a 290, they can pay to ship it back. Not that I need it, but itll be cool to test it and if I like it maybe Ill sell my 780.
 
I ordered from TigerDirect, I emailed them and asked if it's a 290X or 290 will be shipping, if it's 290 then I don't want it. So they response to me by saying my order is cancelled



That was nice of them if they really cancelled the order. Good luck.
 
Well there's your problem. I used my Amazon CC....they have been superb for any mistakes/problems with items purchased through Amazon but fulfilled by another company. I have no worries. :)

Using Paypal on the other hand....those guys take FOREVER, especially if the payment is linked to your checking account.



It wasn't paypal or Google. It was Tigerdirect who delayed doing the refund.
 
Back
Top