MSI 2070 Super Ventus OC Bois

Ducrider748

Limp Gawd
Not long ago I picked up a MSI 2070 Super Ventus OC. It's been running since I picked it up. Picked it up second hand. RGB have not worked on it since day 1 but that's not my question. Just a side note. When folding using Precision X1 it bumps up to boost clocks just fine and stays there. Makes good ppd but only shows average of 65-70 usage. I have no control over this card in X1. I was told it was from a pre built. With no control in X1 I can see that as a possibility. Found some bios on Techpowerup for the MSI 2070 Super. They have the correct device ID but none of them have the correct sub ID. Does having a incorrect sub ID matter when flashing a bios? I know you can flash to different brand cards bios if they are compatible. I'm just trying to update the bios so I can have correct control in X1.

there are posts on guru3d talking about flashing it to a nvidia branded 2070 super using nvflash and it working to unlock full control.
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-ventus-oc.427655/#post-5697166
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-nvflash-with-board-id-mismatch-disabled/

edit: make sure you know how to flash and recover if it goes bad, ie another card and slot to use.

I will def do the FE bios. I have read some bios will not flash over to same series cards without some issues.
I have flashed with NVflash before. I'm sure I can do it again.

I will def do the FE bios. I have read some bios will not flash over to same series cards without some issues.
I have flashed with NVflash before. I'm sure I can do it again.
make sure you dump your og bios before attempting anything. gl.

make sure you dump your og bios before attempting anything. gl.

Last one I did I followed the techpowerup vid and did exactly like he said to do. Kept the old bios saved in case of issues. I didn't use the modded NVflash because I was just updated the bios. Will update soon with the FE bios results. I have my work bench set up now with my folding rig (with card in question) and my benching rig. So I will be able to have guidance through the process again. One thing to note. When he says to rename the new bios file. DO IT. Simple file name to make it easier to find.

UPDATE.
Finally had a chance to do the bios update. Tried to use the modded nvflash but still got a error message about mismatched boards. So I grabbed the highest clocking bios in the MSI 2070 super bios database. Flashed it and everything went smooth. I have full control over the card in X1 and GPU usage has gone to 105 to 132. Running smooth and everything has worked out.

UPDATE.
Finally had a chance to do the bios update. Tried to use the modded nvflash but still got a error message about mismatched boards. So I grabbed the highest clocking bios in the MSI 2070 super bios database. Flashed it and everything went smooth. I have full control over the card in X1 and GPU usage has gone to 105 to 132. Running smooth and everything has worked out.
How can GPU usage go above 100%?

GPU power usage. It's right there in X1. Top right corner. I could go on and explain but I would hope you knew what I meant.
without the "power" in there it might be confusing to someone that came into our convo. gpu usage usually means in game usage %

Back