msdn vista

ocbaud

Supreme [H]ardness
how many machines are the msdn vista keys valid for? i thought most msdn software was valid for 10 machines.

how many machines are the msdn vista keys valid for? i thought most msdn software was valid for 10 machines.

I bought the MSDN OS subscription. I've only activated Vista Ultimate on one machine so far. I did read on their site, that you could activate up to 10 PCs with a single key, but unfortunately I'm not sure whether that means a) upgrade your computer 10 times, or b) actually use 10 computers at the same time with a single key. Given that the retail license can already be transferred as many times as you want, I tend to think MS is saying you can actually use 10 machines at the same time with 1 key (provided there is only 1 user)... But I need to call them to find out for sure - based on reading their web site, I wasn't sure what to believe...

edit: I am pretty sure you can install on up to 10 machines with MSDN though -- only thing I'm unclear about is whether you would need 10 keys to do so.

I dont know but my MSDNAA program gives me access to two separate vista business keys, so if true 20 reinstalls would be awesome!

If MSDN is the same as the Partner Action Pack, you can install it on 10 computers.

I really don't like how they do this. I would prefer they issue 10 separate keys so you can control distribution and machine/license logging better. They used to do it this way

With one key, if someone happens to use it to install on more than one machine, they suck up licenses that you don't realize are being used and eventually it stops working all of a sudden.

Been there :(

Back