msconfig

ShEiTAN

n00b
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
15
I was wondering if there is a program to tell you whats safe to not have running, or do you have to google every one?
 
hijackthis analyzes currently running processes, i think. I dont think it tell you straight up, this is bad, this is good, though.
 
Just tried this myself on my dilapidated laptop. Not too shabby.

Also, Sheitan... I swear I saw a French horror movie by that name or something, it sounds familiar :p
 
well if its your computer you should know what you are installing so you should really know all the programs you want auto starting.

If you don't know what it is in msconfig then chances are you don't need it to be autostarting. Or else you would say "oh yeah i use that so I want it to autostart".

It's safe to uncheck everything if you don't want any programs auto starting. You can always start them manually or re-add them to the autostart.

My msconfig is usually empty cause I don't like programs to autostart.
 
Just tried this myself on my dilapidated laptop. Not too shabby.

Also, Sheitan... I swear I saw a French horror movie by that name or something, it sounds familiar :p
Indeed it was called Sheitan. Hilarious horror film
 
Back
Top