MSCA preparation

Lok

Limp Gawd
My apologies up front if this is the incorrect sub-forum but I was unsure where to post concerning this topic. If it is the wrong sub-forum please move to the appropriate forum please.

I've decided that I would like to go after my MCSA and then (hopefully) my MCSE after. I've been going through the 70-270 Exam guide by Microsoft Press and so far it's pretty straightforward. What I'm nervous about is when I go to take the test(s) for these certifications. While I do retain information very well...I'm not the best test taker. Are these exams overly difficult? If they are, does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for an exam you're gearing up to take? I've heard of braindumps but I'd rather not even entertain the though of going that route for a second. I'd much rather learn it as best I can myself and then fail an exam. At least I would have earned that failure. I'm not bashing on anyone who has braindumped an exam...just saying it's not how I do things personally. Also, I had kinda placed a goal of getting my MCSA by the end of the year. Is this realistic? Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

edit: wow I just realized I butchered the spelling in the thread title. gg. any chance of having the thread renamed to MCSA prep? please :(

Back