MS: Windows 10 will launch "this summer"

Mr. Bluntman

Supreme [H]ardness
While "this summer" is vague, apparently Windows 10 is nearing it's release. After hearing rumblings that it might not launch until Q2 2016, this was kind of surprising. Personally, I was hoping MS would leave it in the oven for a while, baking the OS until it was crispy and delicious. I will probably switch to take advantage of the free upgrade window, considering how stable 9926 was. Thoughts?

Sources below.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...is-summer-in-190-countries-and-111-languages/

http://arstechnica.com/information-...dows-10-to-launch-in-summer-around-the-world/

Seems a little premature, but historically you can say it would RTM late August and go GA in October. Still seems like a lot of work to be done though, but then again public/leaked builds have always been fairly far behind what the developers are currently working on.

I can promise you that they are nowhere near the 10036 build.

Seems a bit early for their usual October launch dates.

If I had to guess, I'd posit that they're looking to take advantage of government fiscal cycles, which generally reset in July. Even if they miss their own summer due date the announcement will give budgeting entities enough to pencil in windows 7...hahaha...xp refreshes to Windows 10...now that the abominable Start Screen has been fixed. Like I said it would. And was ridiculed when I said it, incidentally.

Yes. I am that petty.

I'd be happy to see build 10022, or anything later than 9926 that just won't run on my pc

10041 is live if your update is set on fast ring:) but 10036 is only iso out currently

I can't get 9926 to run on my machine now. I wind up in a system repair loop when it tries to boot and won't repair :mad:. Tried a secure wipe of the drive twice and kept getting the same thing and thought sod it and loaded the latest Mint offering which I'm not using now anyway.
Might give it another go on another disk HD and see what happens.

10041 is live if your update is set on fast ring:) but 10036 is only iso out currently

I just posted a thread about this. I'm downloading it as we speak. Other than teething pains from the upgrade everything has been stable and smooth. Hopefully 10041 continues this trend of stability.

They may need to work on some of the functionality, but overall it's working well already.

They may need to work on some of the functionality, but overall it's working well already.

Yup, same here. Translucency is back on the start menu, now for the taskbar and window borders!

Back