MS Voice Command for 7?

Ashton

2[H]4U
Years ago, when I had a Dell Axim (x4 I think) I had a wonderful voice-control app from MS called "Microsoft Voice Command" and I mean it was AWESOME, I had Japanese music on my PDA and when I said the title (in Japanese) it could find and play the right song! (sadly when I went from PPC OS to Windows Mobile, I was unable to ever get it to work again, and of course now that I'm on Android all hope is lost)

I've tried Dragon Naturally Speaking and I wasnt impressed. So, I was wondering if there are any (MS?) programs that use the same engine that Voice Command did? Even if it was severly limited to just 3-4 applications (hell even just media would be nice for in-car use)

If there is not, what have you guys had the best luck with? (keep in mind this is less for typing than just running a PC without a mouse+keyboard)

Windows 7 has a built in program under Ease OF Access called Windows Speech Recognition. I'm not sure if every version has it but my Home Premium does. I haven't played with it yet, but I thinking about it.

Windows 7 Speech Recognition is a native part of the OS, in every edition available. Hit Start and type "speech" and wait for it to appear on the Start Menu, select it, then get busy training it. With training it can be extremely accurate for controlling various aspects of your computer, and I've had great success with it for dictation, transcription, and other duties.

But train it, regularly, and it'll just get more accurate. First time usage you can probably expect 90% accuracy and it goes up fast with more training. It works very well indeed.

I have been using MS speech recognition since it was in office 2003 and have had great success. I love it. I write almost all of my papers for school with it. Honestly I don't know why I'm not using it to type this right now.
just use the training and it will explain how it all works.
If you have any more questions please speak up. There are some good resources out there for SR.
Good luck.

Back