ms times which do I need

quatrain

n00b
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
13
Hi:
Im a female newb that needs a new monitor 24 or 27. so be kind please, my budget is up to $550.00
I think I want a PLS or IPS but I am concerned of the slower ms of 6,7 or 8..
I play online games like EQ. Will 8ms be fast enough? if not Ill look at a TN panel
The models that I have looked at are
Dell u2410 IPS, 1900x1200 60HZ 6ms
HP zr24w S-IPS 1020x1200 7ms
Samsung s24a850dw PLS 1920x1200 120HZ? 5ms
BenQ ew2420 VA 1920x1080 8ms

TN panels BenQ xl2410t 120hz 2ms
xl2420t 120hz 2ms

from reading this forum for the past few days I see peeps saying that 16.9 is not good!??
Do I want 1920x1080 or 1920x1200?

as you can see I really don't know much and will really appreciate your help

thank you
 
ms times don't mean much, TN panels' speed is overrated (except for the 120hz ones) compared to recent IPS panels.

By EQ you mean Everquest? In that case I'd definitely recommend something like the Dell U2410 because MMOs benefit from the extra vertical pixels (more room for the user interface, skill bars etc).

16/9 is not bad, it is inferior to 16/10 for some things sure but 16/10 has become rare and is often a costly premium.
 
I just realized that not all the models I have looked at have are LED back-lit.
I thought that this what I wanted...is it?
The models that I have looked at are
IPS panels
Dell u2410 IPS, 1900x1200 60HZ 6ms
HP zr24w S-IPS 1020x1200 7ms

PLS panel
Samsung s24a850dw PLS 1920x1200 120HZ? 5ms

VA panel
BenQ ew2420 VA 1920x1080 8ms

TN panels
BenQ xl2410t 120hz 2ms

thank you
 
"By EQ you mean Everquest? In that case I'd definitely recommend something like the Dell U2410 because MMOs benefit from the extra vertical pixels (more room for the user interface, skill bars etc).
I was very interested in the Dell, they have offered it to me for $450.00.
I have read a lot of reviews that complain about 1 side with a green tint and the other side a pink tint.
Also the AG coting seems to make the text "fuzzy".
it is not LED backlit...
 
Back
Top