ms rate

Well i am a pretty heavy gamer, aka fps counterstrike etc. Will a 25ms refresh rate monitor lcd be sufficient? Or will i see horrid ghosting? (rite now im on a 40ms refresh rate my god its horrible)

25ms will obviously be a big improvement from what you currently have, but pretty much everyone will tell you to get a 16ms or better panel. There have been a couple good 20ms panels too, but they have a bad habit of being cancelled before being released :rolleyes:

well i kinda have to go dell and their warrenty (the reason i have to go dell) only covers dell made lcd's, and my limit in price is 400 so can u please answer my question? of course 16ms is better but i gotta make due

my limits 400 sorry, i have to go refurbished 1703

ya can we plz stick to my question and not go off topic?

First off, you asked a very broad question at first with no background as to your limitations, thus people's suggestions were merely in the vain of being helpful. Thus chastizing us for 'going off topic' could have been stated a bit more diplomatically.
However, my original statements still stand. You asked if ghosting will be bad in games and my answer is still yes. If 400 is your budget I suggest you either get a 16ms panel 15" monitor or get a CRT. You will not find a decent 16ms 17" panel for what you are willing to spend. If the only thing you are able to get is a Dell 1703 refurb, why bother asking opinions in the first place? It is not a good monitor for gaming.
I get the impression that your old LCD died and Dell will be replacing it with a similarly priced model. Perhaps you could get a better one and pay the difference? Worth a shot...

kind of sort of, they wont be replacing it and my old monitor was a dell crt 17" and i didnt ask for suggestions on which monitor to get i just asked if 25ms was good nuff

When a person recieves the response of 'no' to an inquiry, it usually stands that the next logical question is 'what else then?' Thus my suggestions were in the vain of anticipating your next question. I did not cross my mind that you would ask for our opinion on 25ms panels if you had already made up your mind that you would be getting one regardless of what we said.
I'm not trying to be a prick here, I just don't quite understand what you were hoping to get by asking your question in the first place.

in CS I get 20+ ms why is that when I have a 16ms lcd?

Back