ms plan on removing the desktop from windows. and replacing it with metro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre1975

Weaksauce
I was reading, and, did you guys know that ms has a future plan of removing the desktop from windows? is that crazy or what?

If you're going to post stuff like this you need to provide some sort of link, unless of course that link would be to some place in your ass.

If Microsoft did that, that means they have abandoned the PC market, that would be worser than removing the Start button.

/looks at thread title
/about to respond, then sees who OP is
/moves on with life

:rolleyes:

MS has made some seriously questionable decisions of late, but this seriously stretches belief. I'm gonna need some links to reputable sites b4 I can start to consider believing this is even a possibility.

I read an article about this as well. Ill try and find it again. But it was rumored that to fully transition over to a full Tablet\touchscreen PC, the desktop needed to go away completely and that was the direction MS was wanting to go. Kind of doubt that they would do it with Win 8 though.

Maybe the next version of windows.

I have no reason to believe that "Desktop" will be included with Windows 9.

You must truly believe in the impossible to understand how far Microsoft's head is stuck up their own ass.

I read an article about this as well. Ill try and find it again. But it was rumored that to fully transition over to a full Tablet\touchscreen PC, the desktop needed to go away completely and that was the direction MS was wanting to go. Kind of doubt that they would do it with Win 8 though.

Maybe the next version of windows.

Business will get royaly fucked since they depend on a desktop and legacy applications. If they do this and all developers will need to re-write their apps and its a good possibility they might think of doing it on another platform instead. If MS think XP was bad 7 will be twice as bad.

I don't think MS is that stupid but then again Ballmer is a complete fucking moron as well.

I've said this before, but I think that Microsoft knows that businesses find a version of Windows they are happy with and stick with it as long as possible. Businesses did it with XP and will do it again with 7. By the time we get a new Microsoft OS that is business world friendly, "desktop" will probably be irrelevant. So again, because Microsoft knows this happens, they probably don't really care what businesses think because they wouldn't be updating OSes anyways.

The problem is, Microsoft is shooting them self in their foot. Rather than gradual OS changes, like Apple, they try to make leaps and strides. It's too much change at once. I'd be happy to upgrade every Windows version if there wasn't massive retraining involved with each version, like there is now.

and rumors of 8.1 adding the capbility of a boot to desktop option (bypassing metro) are out and about.

so which rumor should we believe?

and Windows 9?

Rumor has it that "Windows Blue" is the new Windows, and Microsoft will not be releasing new OS'es like they have been but move closer to the Apple Mac OS release style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back