MS Paint ROXORZ

m2h

Limp Gawd
So any other people think MS Paint is the king daddy of all digital art programs?
For some reason, I always find I can do more of what I want, in Paint, than in any other art related program. Paint is like a pencil and paper, no distractions.

I try to keep stuff around, but it's hard.. so.. wish I had better stuff to show.

Reptile Vert - 2004
reptile_vert.png

Jumpers Demise - 2003 (All MS Paint, cept blurred lines done in Photoshop, resized 50% less)
dir-head.jpg

We Are All Clones - 2003
we_are_all_clones_001.png

DJ Bonkers - 2002 (outline in MS Paint, colouring in Photoshop)
dj-bonkers.png

Cut Above - 1998 (probally was what got me really facinated once I learned to use the curve tool properly)
cutabove.png

I bet it took you an ass long time to do those...you could do it 500 times faster in Photoshop CS...

Diablo: Thanks.

Metalicca: Well.. it doesn't take that long in paint. Most of those would be in the 5 to 10 minute range. I clocked Reptile Vert at about 5hrs, the scales were a bitch. Heh.

when ever i get bored and start doodleing in MS paint it comes bad. Perhaps i just suck with drawing or just suck drawing with a mouse. Do you have one of those pads with a stylus?

Nice work BTW.

how do you get such smooth and straight lines from paint, i can't do it with a mouse, no matter how slow i go

Just a mouse, nothing special.

To make the curves use the curve tool.
To make straight line, use the line tool.

Makes sense eh? :D

m2h said:
Just a mouse, nothing special.

To make the curves use the curve tool.
To make straight line, use the line tool.

Makes sense eh? :D

aaahhhh too many tools! *explodes*

lol.. Well wouldn't you think of photoshop as just a deluxe paint? Its got the same tools but it also has a whole slew of other useful tools?

Some of my ancient MS-Paint rush-jobs

hsprtluna.gif

Luna

hsprtnuke.gif

Hiroshima

hsprtcreate.gif

Creation (...and yes...I gave up halfway!)

Hyperion I absolutely love those. I'm guessing mostly using the Airbrush.. Looks like sand creations. Never personally found a use for the Airbrush.. but now I want to tinker with it. Great works. :)

Well ... make sure you save them as [Gh]IFs and post them for our perusal! :D

Hyperion said:
Well ... make sure you save them as [Gh]IFs and post them for our perusal! :D

Ya don't like PNG-8? :p
I generallly flip between each depending which gives the smaller file size.
But am aware that IE doesn't display the colours correctly (little bit brighter).

Well I would guess that to be fully "JIF-crew" compliant one would call a PNG something
daft like "pang", "peng", "ping", "pong" or "pung"! :D

m2h said:
Ya don't like PNG-8? :p
I generallly flip between each depending which gives the smaller file size.
But am aware that IE doesn't display the colours correctly (little bit brighter).

That's immensly irritating, btw. Make some simple PNG-8 with the background color matched to some page color, and everything looks fine everyehere, except IE. I mean, displaying colors in pictures correctly isn't that hard, is it?

Black Morty Rackham said:
Nothing is so easy MSIE can't screw it up! ;)

The only thing I like about it is that it handles XML + XSL nicely. Not that I need that capability very often, but I've just had to write some.
For everything else there's some funky bug that'll bite you. And they can't patch it, because that breaks compatibility. :D

Back