MS office student and teacher edition..

RancidWAnnaRIot

EspantaPajaros
Okay..

so i just set up a rig for a cousin that is starting college. i bought the student and teacher edition of Microsoft office for the rig.

however.. it never asked to verify if I am a student (which i am)...

so.. what's the policy with this program?? was i supposed to prove i'm a student when i bought it at office depot?? Or is this just a sham by microsoft.. and really, anyone can buy this edition?...it cost $160 with tax and all, and it included a $30 rebate.

thanks

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
Okay..

so i just set up a rig for a cousin that is starting college. i bought the student and teacher edition of Microsoft office for the rig.

however.. it never asked to verify if I am a student (which i am)...

so.. what's the policy with this program?? was i supposed to prove i'm a student when i bought it at office depot?? Or is this just a sham by microsoft.. and really, anyone can buy this edition?...it cost $160 with tax and all, and it included a $30 rebate.

The retailors are "supposed" to verify if the purchaser is qualified.

It's not a "sham" and frankly I don't understand how discounting a product for nearly half the price (compared to the pro version) is a "sham"
They are offering a discount version intended for educational users...(It even has a 3 user license)

The S&T version does not require any sort of verification after it's installed. When you bought it, they should have asked you for proof at that time, just like retailers are supposed to card people for mature rated games.
Most places don't bother to do this but they are supposed to.

Somewhere in the EULA is probably says you can't use it for profit, blah blah blah. The only big difference other than the price.

edit: i meant can't use it for profit, not can.

Also for the fact that with a S&T license you can not get a upgrade license you have to re-purchase a new full license.

Back