• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MS intelliexplorer mouse sticky scroll button

UnlimitedMP

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
1,946
Hello!

I have a MS intellimouse explorer 3.0 with a sticky scroll button. I think it is due to dust and natural oils from the hand = build up gunk.

It's about 1.5 years old.

Is there anyway to open it up and clean it? Anybody do it? I don't see any screws unless they are under the mouse feet.

Thanks for your help.
 
You can open it up if it doesn't have screws, but its pretty difficult to get back together (speaks from personal experience). Have you tried a moist towel or something like that?
 
I've cleaned the grooves free of dust and the build ups insdie the mouse

Yea and if i look thru the bottom plastic, i can see a small pile of dust, under where the scroll button is, sitting on the bottom plastic.
 
UnlimitedMP said:
I've cleaned the grooves free of dust and the build ups insdie the mouse

Yea and if i look thru the bottom plastic, i can see a small pile of dust, under where the scroll button is, sitting on the bottom plastic.

Yeah that could be causing the problem. You could remove it if you got inside there but... i probably wouldn't. Maybe there are some other [H]ard people who have done this who can give you directions.
 
I've never used the intellimouse but most mice you can just take the screws out (usually under the feet on the mouse or under any stickers on the bottom) and then just blow/wash/rub off, have at it hoss.
 
Hm thanks for ur inputs.

Anybody else, who's comfortable at it, done this b4? I'm noob to mice and I don't want to mess up my mouse...
 
Back
Top