MS Forefront

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone using this for smaller clients? THe pricing is driving me nuts. I see its 12 bucks a machine, but need a SQL server to run it..

All network AV's need sql to run now. You can just install it in a different instance

For smaller clients, check into a hosted option. We pay about £1 per mailbox. plus if it goes down the mail is stacked up for delivery later.

Cheaper. Easier, and just as if not more effective.

That of get them an AV with spam filtering :D

For smaller clients, check into a hosted option. We pay about £1 per mailbox. plus if it goes down the mail is stacked up for delivery later.

Doesn't Forefront do more than just it's Exchange features?

How do you propose to protect the operating system of the desktops, servers, and laptops...with some hosted AV service? I haven't heard of a hosted AV..curious how it works.

i think he was thinking hosted spam...

i have spam/virus for email with postini.

can forefront run on SBS 2008 with another instance?

We're kicking butt with our Untangle filtering service....clearing 8,000 mails per day through it, and it's working better than Postini or AppRiver so I moved clients I had on those over to our product.

i think he was thinking hosted spam...

can forefront run on SBS 2008 with another instance?

Should be able to, i did it with Vipre which runs off sql

We're kicking butt with our Untangle filtering service....clearing 8,000 mails per day through it, and it's working better than Postini or AppRiver so I moved clients I had on those over to our product.

Dunno, we used the default Untangle and it wouldn't keep up with Postini. Most of my clients dont have Untangle at the office though, still haven't used it enough.

How do you have yours setup again? You pass the MX to your WAN IP and then back?

Hop on AIM dood.

Dunno, we used the default Untangle and it wouldn't keep up with Postini. Most of my clients dont have Untangle at the office though, still haven't used it enough.

How do you have yours setup again? You pass the MX to your WAN IP and then back?

Hop on AIM dood.

With the Kaspersky add-on, and with the CommTouch Spam Boost add-on...it brings Untangle into big league spam filtering performance. Comparing the "lite" version of Untangle (previously known as the base open source package)..yeah it wont' be as good as Postini or others...you can get it close..but not as good. Decent for free though. But...the Kas and CommTouch add-ons bring it up to big league performance.

End users get a quarantine digest each morning at 6am, where they can release their own false positives (rarely any), manage their own white lists, etc.
Got the branding manager so it has our logo and comes from us.

I'll get you on IM for the details of our setup....it's pretty slick. If I can remember how to IM..haven't used it since like..2009...

I will have to try this out, suprised it cant run on SQL Express. Will add it to the list to try.

can't be done with express because it needs managemnet tools.

stupid stupid business path.

Back