MS Explorer Crashes frequently after Format

jhtevans

Limp Gawd
Hey guys - See sig for system info. I recently reformatted my main rig and to my dismay, I've been getting a lot of explorer crashes (both memory reference errors and just plain explorer has encountered an error type messages) recently and I THINK it has to do with the reformat (and perhaps Windows Updates?) - My buddy who reformats a lot also has been having a lot of crashes lately, no hardware changes. I started experiencing this problem before my overclocking, so I know it's not that - nothing in my sytem has changed either -- Anyone else having similar problems or have any suggestions??

I should note that my second system does not have any crash problems... and this is just a 'new' thing on my main rig - I never use to have ANY windows crashes

Ok -Did a little googling - found out that SpyBot has been causing problems for some people, particularly the 'immunize' and 'auto-block' features (i'm thinking it's the auto-block) - so if anyone else has experienced a similar issue, perhaps try disabling this feature. I'm going to try when I get home from work - see if I can go a couple night with no crashes - I'll post again with some results...

Back