Mr 7900GT Extreme, meet Mr Oblivion

pxc

Extremely [H]
I just picked it up from Fry's this afternoon and it's installing now. Thankfully it's on a DVD. :D

7900oblivion5mc.png

I guess i could compare the 7900GT to my old 7800GT...

Watch this space for updates.

Your system is very close to what I am planning to put together.

How does your system handle Oblivion at 1600x1200 HDR noAA with the in-game settings maxed out? That is what I am hoping to play at, but I am curious whether I will need to spring for a beefier card or go SLI.

NoDamage said:
How does your system handle Oblivion at 1600x1200 HDR noAA with the in-game settings maxed out?
I'm still indoors so far. The 7900GT @ 540/1750 with 16xAF (and AF optimizations disabled), in-game options maxed (there's not many in the launch menu) and HDR enabled plays the game very well. It looks awesome too.

I installed FRAPS and many areas run over 100fps. The lowest fps in an area i've seen so far is ~45fps. I haven't got outdoors yet so that will likely change a lot.

Khaydarin said:
Thanks for the screenies pxc!
I've turned up the quality since then. It looks even better and is still very playable.

Yeah, thanks for the screenshots. that'll be pretty much the same setup I have except I have 2GB ram.... 7900GT CO from evga is coming soon

Can you explain quick where you are changing the settings? I was not able to enable HDR and AA at the same time....

WldWzl said:
I was not able to enable HDR and AA at the same time....
That's not supported on the PC version on any current video cards.

pxc said:
That's not supported on the PC version on any current video cards.

Wasn't it stated above that someone was running both? Real quick what is HDR?

Edit:
Nevermind I just read about HDR, it would seem that having this enabled over AA would produce better looking images, correct?

pxc said:
I'm still indoors so far. The 7900GT @ 540/1750 with 16xAF (and AF optimizations disabled), in-game options maxed (there's not many in the launch menu) and HDR enabled plays the game very well. It looks awesome too.

I installed FRAPS and many areas run over 100fps. The lowest fps in an area i've seen so far is ~45fps. I haven't got outdoors yet so that will likely change a lot.

You're running 1600x1200 on a 15inch monitor...? (!)

WldWzl said:
Edit:
Nevermind I just read about HDR, it would seem that having this enabled over AA would produce better looking images, correct?
I haven't tried non-HDR mode with AA yet. I was waiting for 84.25.

Back