MPT BIOS Fault 01h encountered with M1015 in 3rd or 4th slot

bbzidane

n00b
I was wondering if someone can educate me on how to get around the following error

MPT BIOS Fault 01h encountered at adapter PCI(03h,00h,00h)

From searching online, Fault 01h means "Fault 01: No I/O port assigned to the adapter.", and since my network card isn't picking up an IP address, I'm guessing the M1015 card is colliding with it.

This is with a Supermicro X9SCM-IIF motherboard.
I already have the first two pci-e slots populated with M1015. Trying to add the third M1015 is when the problems starts.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can change to get it not to collide with the I/O assignments?

If it is indeed an interrupt contention issue, the first thing is to turn off any built-in devices you aren't using. If you aren't using IPMI, turn off the Realtek LAN chip. If you aren't using RS-232, turn off the Serial/SuperIO ports. Have you tried another "third M1015" card to see if it is the board?

i tried turning off what i can, but other than the serial ports, the bios doesnt seem to have the option to turn off much else.
i do use ipmi, as i dont have a graphics card installed or onboard video on the cpu. there are two onboard nics, but i there doesnt seem to be a way to disable them through the bios.

i dont have any more m1015 cards.
i did try that card by itself and works fine.
with my previous two work m1015 cards, they also ran into issues when used in the third or fourth slot.

Back