MPEG movie issues

ceejamon

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 2, 2001
Messages
1,280
I'm fairly new to Macs still. I've got a powerbook G4 running OS X 10.3.2.

I've had some problems with some video files. Some just won't open. If I transfer the file over to my PC it opens just fine in WMP.

Here's another wierd thing I've run into on a few files: I open the file, and it plays the first minute and a half, then it goes straight to the last frame... and some of these movies are 15 minutes to 2 hours long. Do I need a new program, or am I just a codec moron? Again, with this issue it opens fine on PC.
 
well, what I would try is to play it with vlc. It will play the majority of media files
 
Quicktime still does not play nice with some types of Windows encoding schemes. Try some different media players until you find one that works. Divx has a newer OS X version out that might help you with the divx encoded avi files.
 
Back
Top