MPC Home Cinema 32/64 bit difference?

I wouldn't say there are really any advantages.

The disadvantages are that you can't use 32-bit plugins or filters with the 64-bit player.
 
MPC-HC is free standing and it includes all the codecs you will need to play any media files. I have been using the 64 bit version for months with no issues. If you have a 64 bit OS I say use the 64 bit program.
 
MPC-HC is free standing and it includes all the codecs you will need to play any media files. I have been using the 64 bit version for months with no issues. If you have a 64 bit OS I say use the 64 bit program.

Hmm, it couldn't play either Dolby TreuHD or DTS-HD for me, nor could it bitstream them or even DD or DTS to my receiver. I had to install FFDShow to do that all for me.

It also couldn't mix 5.1 audio into a matrixed stereo signal for headphones using a HRTF function. FFDShow could do that for me as well.

Yes, FFDShow has a 64-bit build too, but its not as developed and stable and there are other filters that I use that do not have 64-bit builds. I don't know what others might want to use.
 
Hmm, it couldn't play either Dolby TreuHD or DTS-HD for me, nor could it bitstream them or even DD or DTS to my receiver. I had to install FFDShow to do that all for me.

It also couldn't mix 5.1 audio into a matrixed stereo signal for headphones using a HRTF function. FFDShow could do that for me as well.

Yes, FFDShow has a 64-bit build too, but its not as developed and stable and there are other filters that I use that do not have 64-bit builds. I don't know what others might want to use.
yea, no reason to really use the 64bit player since the 32 bit one runs perfectly fine in a 64bit OS and is better developed
 
Thanks, I was wondering because it seems like the 32 bit does have some better plugin, codec, filter support. A simple case was I tried to play a real media file, and apparently it isn't supported for 64 bit.

But I was wondering if I would be missing out anything from the 64 bit version (I guess it can use more memory?, not sure how that would help for instance). I will go to the 32 bit version then.
 
I use the 64 bit one for most of my file playblack. Only rarely do I have to use Windows Media player to playback things like real videos and quicktime movies. I'd rather support 64 bit as my OCD'ish tendancies wants everything to be installed in my Program File instead of the x86 one.
 
you should use the 32 bit version, cause it gives you more flexibility with your choice of filters
 
Hmm, it couldn't play either Dolby TreuHD or DTS-HD for me, nor could it bitstream them or even DD or DTS to my receiver. I had to install FFDShow to do that all for me.

It also couldn't mix 5.1 audio into a matrixed stereo signal for headphones using a HRTF function. FFDShow could do that for me as well.

Yes, FFDShow has a 64-bit build too, but its not as developed and stable and there are other filters that I use that do not have 64-bit builds. I don't know what others might want to use.

it can bitstream DD/DTS. go to options, double-click DTS under transform filters, and choose SPDIF. but you're right you need ffdshow for HD sound.
 
Back
Top