• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

.MP3/.WAV icons missing for WMP?

rpeters83

Gawd
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
513
I seem to have lost the icons for my mp3 and wav files (who knows if there are more). I have them associated with windows media player. When I change the file association, the icon changes to the correct icon, but when I change it back to WMP, it goes away.

icons.JPG


Any ideas? Thanks.
 
Last edited:
view hidden and os files. Search for iconcache.db and delete it, then reboot the system.
 
to clarify. the iconcache.db file wasn't even in my appdata/local folder.
 
iconcache.db is there. Did you even find it or just give up looking for it? Again, you have to have View Hidden files ON and Hide Protected OS files OFF
 
LOL, no I didn't "give up" looking for it. I googled it and found out there it was, turned on hidden files and all that stuff, and it was not there. My other vista machines had it, but this one did not.

Several reboots did not bring it back. All my other icons work, just the files associated with WMP (audio files) show up with a blank icon. If I change the association to another program, they appear.
 
That file being missing tells me there is something messed up with that system. Obviously there is something wrong and the file that is supposed to be there is not.

OK, download Types 1.3.0. Open it and find the extensions you want. Go to the icon tab and navigate to wmp and click the .exe and choose the icon you want. If iconcache.db comes back you may have to delete it again.
 
Back
Top