• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MP3 Ringtone

cwolf78

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
456
Does anybody know a good piece of software for changing the size/format of an MP3 ... I am wanting to make larger MP3s into small ones for making ringtones for my cell phone. Something simple would be great !
thanks
 
I used Sony Soundforge. Then again, it was free for me as well. I'm not sure about cheaper alternatives. I could cut exactly what part of the song I wanted and changed the bit rate to 64 to get a smaller size. I also used Mobile Phonetools to transfer to my phone when I had the V400, which had a little program with it that could basically do the same thing, but was a little buggy.
 
i use audacity to crop the mp3s and strip out some of the really low frequencies (so i don't blow out the tiny speakers on my razr), and then i use razorlame to downsample it to 32 or 64 kbps mono.
 
Back
Top