• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

MP3 fonts...

dunyduke16

n00b
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
6
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I'll give it a shot...

A few months back, I noticed that some of the .mp3 files that I have were displayed in a blue font in their designated folder. Some were still in their black font, and any new songs I download are displayed in black font. I see no pattern or real cause for this (eg., installing iTunes, recently used mp3s vs not recently used, etc.). Another thought is that it could be some kind of virus, but they seem clean.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions about this?

Thanks in advance.
 
Go to Windows Explorer --> Tools --> Folder Options --> View --> Uncheck "Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color.
 
I actually went ahead last night and just went to file properties, and under attributes, clicked advanced, then deselected compress files. Same end result. Any idea how they would have gotten compressed to begin with? Thanks again for your help.
 
Afaik, windows xp does this automatically. I might be wrong though.
 
This can also happen when you run Disk Cleanup. There's an option in there to compress old files. Although I'm not quite sure why windows would compress the mp3's as you said that even some of your more recently played mp3's are also showing up as compressed.

Another option may be that the drive and/or folder has Compression turned on.

-Justin
 
Back
Top