• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MP3 Conversion Errors

ned911

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 30, 2000
Messages
161
Never had a problem with CDex ripping my CD's to MP3. However, I tried to rip the Velvet Revolver disc and it generated a ton of errors for ever track after the 3rd. Now I'm trying to rip Hysteria by Def Leppard and it's generating errors as well.

Is this being cause by copy protection?
 
Which version of the Velvet Revolver do you have, it did have the Sony Rootkit included with some versions.

I have the DualDisc version, which does not have the Rootkit, and it ripped fine with CDEx 1.5.1
 
contraband is one of the albums listed as having shitty copy protection. i ran into that problem when i tried to rip it, although i don't remember how i got around it.

if it really bothers you, you can get added to the class action lawsuit, but imo, it's a ripoff since you have to send in your original CD, and you get some download tracks in return.
 
Use EAC, and don't let the CD autorun when you put it in

I havent had a problem with the rootkit or any other protections and I own three on their list
 
Back
Top