MP CoD2 doesn't work in Vista but SP does?

markt435

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah I'm pissed. MP just crashes back to the desktop no matter what. I've tried running as admin, making sure it was unblocked in the firewall, running it in and OUT of compatibility mode in XP. I dunno what else to try. Anyone else having the same problem? What I don't understand is why SP works just fine.

Have you tried turning UAC off? I have Vista but I dual boot XP/Vista so I don't have to deal with these issues. I haven't installed any game to Vista yet and probably will only ever install DX10 games to it.

Have you looked on the evenbalance site for any PB updates or info pertaining to Vista?

Have you tried turning UAC off? I have Vista but I dual boot XP/Vista so I don't have to deal with these issues. I haven't installed any game to Vista yet and probably will only ever install DX10 games to it.

gonna try that now and see what happens...

as for the pb issue i'll try that as well and report back

disabled UAC = still didn't work. i kinda figured it wouldn't work because i even tried taking ownership of the root folder of the game and gave myself full access and got nothing

updated PB = no work either

sigh, this blows. all my other games work. even old shitty ones like rollercoaster tycoon 2.

plus i spent the weekend beating single player (which rocked btw, especially battle of hill 400) and i wanna play some damn MP now.

no one else plays COD2 on Vista? I know someone out there does. I saw that Vista gaming guide someone posted and it listed COD2 as working just fine.

Most likely a punkbuster issue. There is no reason whatsoever to turn of UAC. You can just rightclick and run as administrator. I don't have CoD2 so I can't help you with that particular game.

Back