Mozilla Thunderbird Outgoing connection issue! Need outside help!

Epsilon

n00b
Ok I don't understand what is wrong here,

I have a laptop with mozilla thunderbird 2.0 installed. When I am at my parents house I can connect through a linksys router to my pop3 mail server (mail.bellsouth.net in this case) to both receive and send messages.
Now when I come back to my house I connect through an exact same linksys router to the same mail server (mail.bellsouth.net) and I have verified that the settings have not changed, yet I can ONLY receive e-mail. I can't reply or send new messages. Everytime I go back to my parents house I can send mail, but as soon as I come home I am forced to log on to AT&Ts online mail client inorder to send mail. Settings on both routers are the same as far as I can tell (I set up both wireless networks)

I have gone through all of the FAQ's on both mozilla and AT&T's websites but both just keep telling me to confirm that my outgoing server is listed as mail.bellsouth.net. Since this is not working, and I only can't send messages when at my house, I am assuming all of my thunderbird settings are correct. What could be causing this within my network?

After thought: My parents have DSL through AT&T (formerly Bellsouth) and I have cable through Cox.

Someone PLEASE shed some light on this for me!
Thanks

When you are at home you will have to use Cox's SMTP server in order to send out messages.

There is no other way around it unless AT&T or Bellsouth has some SSL or alternate port SMTP servers to use.

Use one of the following SMTP servers:

smtp.east.cox.net
smtp.central.cox.net
smtp.west.cox.net

What is happening is ISP's only let you use their SMTP service if you are being leased one of their IP's at the time of sending.

thanks alot, problem fixed
the cox smtp server is letting me send messages now.

Back