Mozilla Releases Firefox 15 Beta

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Firefox 14 is barely out the door and Mozilla has already put the beta for the next release, Firefox 15, out for downloading. The biggest draw to participate in an early beta would be to test out the improvements in preventing memory leaks, which FF15 addresses nicely along with a few more timely improvements.

The bottom line is that the changes in Firefox 15 mean that many users with add-ons installed will see significant reductions in Firefox’s memory consumption.

Last edited:
I really think that Mozilla should have a "long term support" release. A lot more businesses and organizations would start using it.

Killing 3.6 and having no alternative was a really bad move.

I really think that Mozilla should have a "long term support" release. A lot more businesses and organizations would start using it.

They do. It's called version 10.x ESR.

Also, the version 15 beta is FAST. Is wasn't going to bother after having just upgraded to 14, but I saw some positive comment on another site and decide to give it a spin.

Sorry for the double post, can't edit my first one.

Did a peacekeep bench.

IE9 = 1949

FF 15 beta = 2338

Latest Chrome version = 3586

Looks like I'll be staying with Chrome for the foreseeable future.

how is FF nowadays? havent used it in about 2 years, have been using chrome.

I been using it since 3.6 and it's nice. Other people seem to have problems with it though, they think its too slow or whatever, but I haven't had any issues.

Looks like Mozilla got sick and tired of lazy ass add-on developers not fixing their memory leaks. If you haven't read up on it, that's basically the biggest thing that Fx 15 is bringing to the tablet. Apparently there's quite a few add-ons (especially those that aren't hosted on AMO) that never release their memory even after the page is closed. So your memory consumption just gets exponentially higher and higher until you either have to restart or Firefox crashes. This will basically prevent that from happening even if you happen to be using from the leak-happy add-ons that the developers never felt the need to fix.

Not having a MSI and good AD group policy support is what's keeping enterprise from using Firefox. Chrome isn't really doing that much better despite having both of those as it's still is weak compared to IE. And people forget, Chrome updates just as much as Firefox.

firefox eat a lot of resources, i switch to chrome long time ago......latelly i have a lot of crashes with flash somebody in same boat?

firefox eat a lot of resources, i switch to chrome long time ago......latelly i have a lot of crashes with flash somebody in same boat?

ya, its something about the flash installing twice or something.. but its pissing me off so thats why i asked about how FF is now lol

I haven't had any problems with nightly builds but if you like beta then version 17 just added some nice performance updates, wait for that one

I haven't had any problems with nightly builds but if you like beta then version 17 just added some nice performance updates, wait for that one

Not sure if serious or making joke....:confused:

Anyway, just got done upgrading to 14.
Any clue when they're stop with the version wars or are they aiming for triple digits?:D

Not sure if serious or making joke....:confused:

Anyway, just got done upgrading to 14.
Any clue when they're stop with the version wars or are they aiming for triple digits?:D

Why only three digits when you can have four? Really, I have no idea when sensible version numbering left Mozilla's building to find a home someplace else...(though I can guess it was around the time Firefox 4 came out)

Back