Mozilla Firefox issues

garry26

Gawd
I didn't find a browser specific forum so I think this is the right one.

In the past week there was a new firefox update and ever since, I can't click on image links.

Here is a detailed explanation. Say I go to a search engine (Yahoo/Google) and type in "Kardashians," then go to images. I click on an image to enlarge it, and it will show a link where the image came from. Normally if I click on that link I will be redirected to the website where the image is located. It will not do that anymore.

How do I fix this to the way it was?

It's just Firefox' built-in and well-deserved anti-Kardashian filter. It's a good thing.

But on the serious note, I just tested this, and am experiencing the same thing in FF. The title of the picture is a hyperlink, but it just directs to the "view all images" result for the search. If I click on the image (which would normally pop out with the source url that is now no longer showing), and then click on the popped-out image again, THEN it does show the source URL as a link, which you can click on.

I don't know why it's different though. I'm on FF 30.0

Well when I go to images, and hover over an image, it will pop out a bit.
If I double click it, the image will enlarge. On the top right I will have the options to:
-close, fullscreen, search for images.
- < and > in the middle to cycle through images
Below the image is the name of the file and the "more" hyperlink
Below that is the source website of the image.

It will not redirect me. It does not matter what image it is or anything.

Edit:
in instances when the original search yields the first 8 images available on the search page, double clicking one of those images will direct me to the source page. It will also direct me if I cycle through image (< or >) on the main search page, but if I go to images on the left, it will not work and I will not be redirected.
I'm talking about when you click "image" on the left where it says:
Web
Video
Shopping...etc

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by double-clicking things. They're all hyperlinks, double-clicking shouldn't have any special action.

But what's weird is if I go and test it now (nothing has changed with FF--even in the same instance, haven't even shut it down), it's now behaving properly, as it was before. Click on image, pops up a pane and the source link is there. Click on the image again and it goes to the source directly. Strange.

Well for me it's this:
-I go to Yahoo
-I type in aircraft carrier pictures
-I click "images" on the left
-I click on the 1st picture
-The picture enlarges
-I click on the hyperlink on the bottom left.
-Nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

Well for me it's this:
-I go to Yahoo
-I type in aircraft carrier pictures
-I click "images" on the left
-I click on the 1st picture
-The picture enlarges
-I click on the hyperlink on the bottom left.
-Nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

If the hyperlink is titled www.battle-fleet.com in your example, then that link works for me in Firefox 30.0. I only need to click once.

Might be an issue with redirection. See this page for info about looking at Firefox's redirection preferences. If that link doesn't work, let us know. If it does work, then perhaps it's a security preference or antivirus app that's preventing redirection from Yahoo specifically.

it does not work. That is assuming you meant this fix: Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > General : Accessibility : [ ] "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page"

Another tidbit: A few days ago when this started happening, Id go to images on the left and click on an image. It would enlarge, but I could still see the Web/Image/Video/More list on the left. It would be Opague however. I started clicking around to make get it the way it was. I don't know why that was happening.

Edit:
Perhaps deleting firefox and reinstalling it? Doing this fixed issues before. However, I'd like to keep my favorites.

Edit #2
I have no issues on IE. I can go to Images on the left, click the image, enlarge it, and click the source hyperlink. No problems.

Edit #3
I googled, found the firefox reset thing, and reset it. The issue persists! It didn't fix it.
On the other hand....
-I no longer have my menus on top in firefox like I used to :(
-I have to reinstall my add-ons. For joy!

Last edited:
Ok after fiddling and fiddling, I figured out the problem.

As I said earlier, when I do a search and click on "images" on the left hand side, FF won't let me go to the image webpage when I click on the hyperlink.

However, when I used the arrow keys (< and >) to view the images, I could go to their webpages.

In other words, we often use the image list because viewing a page full of thumbnails and choosing the desired image is more convenient than clicking through a slide. You click the desired image, enlarge it, and click the hyperlink to go to its webpage. However, FF won't let you do that after the update. You have to use the arrows. So you have to:
1-Click the desired image
2-Use the arrow keys (< or >) to go left or right
3-Use the arrow keys (< or >) to go back to the image you want
4-Click the hyperlink to go to the webpage
If you skip steps 2 and 3 FF won't let you go to the image webpage.

Annoying as hell

That only happens for you; with Firefox 30.0, I do not have to do steps 2 and 3. Something's borked on your setup. I can't explain what.

Go to Help > About Firefox. You have Firefox 30.0?
I have no idea if the slideshow stuff in yahoo is a Flash thing, but do you have the latest version of Flash installed for Firefox? (This is just a shot in the dark.)

I have 30.0. I don't know about flash.

Edit: I just remembered that I updated flash player around the same time. When there's an update my pc will let me know and ask if I want to update. Which I did. Of course, I didn't consider that being the issue because flash is for videos....

Last edited:
Back