Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3 crashes when I click any javascript link!

nicoritschel

Limp Gawd
Hey! I have been using firefox for a few months now, but it recently started crashing every time I click a javascript link. Here is an example of a link:

javascript:eek:penWin("http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_detail/bigger_image_popup.
jsp?big_image=/shopping/images/products/pe435a_400.jpg&prod_name=Apple+iPod+from+HP+40GB&BV_SessionID
=@@@@0922741964.1093827696@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccckadcmgkkhjeecfngcfkmdflldfgg.0",500,550)

It's starting to piss me off. It crashes every 5 minutes. I really would like to stick with firefox, instead of changing browsers. Thanks!

-Nico Ritschel

no problems here with Firefox .9.3 and i've been using it with Java, Javascript, php, asp, etc. without any problems

cheers,

dave

Which java package do you have, and have you tried reinstalling java?

javascript will be independent of Jave, so the SDK version is not applicable.

try uninstalling, clearing the registry of firefox references, etc. and reboot.

reinstall and see what happens.

cheers.

dave

dave_graham said:
javascript will be independent of Jave, so the SDK version is not applicable.

try uninstalling, clearing the registry of firefox references, etc. and reboot.

reinstall and see what happens.

cheers.

dave
Duh... Of course it is. My bad.

I haven't had any problems with Javascript but I am having some extension conflicts. What sites are giving you problems (post some links), if it happens to others it'll be easier to troubleshoot.

Well...Hmm... I'm having trouble at any site that has javascript links such as gmail.com, myspace.com, hpshopping.com, and many, many more.

CrimandEvil, I just uninstalled all my extensions and now it doesn't crash any more. Maybe I had too many extensions? I had about 20-25 extensions. LOL thanks so much!

pick extensions carefully with Firefox..some of them tend to bung up stuff pretty bad.

cheers,

dave

I've experienced some problems... like sometimes web pages would look all distorted.. but it happens once in a blue moon.

Back