• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MozartTx VE1000SWA

so sorry 4 not being up to date. i just checked thermal takes website and i saw it and thought it looked cool.
 
yea... welcome to a few months ago.
Freakin time machine! It overheated again!

I knew I should have bought the Intel flux capacitor... the AMD version just doesn't have the Front Side TemporalBus, and it needs 1.4 jiggawatts, instead of the normal 1.21!
:mad:



You should see my heat sink....
 
I'm in the middle of building one. It's bigger than it looks in the pictures. (The steel version is significantly cheaper than the aluminum version, and is less prone to tipping over.)
 
Freakin time machine! It overheated again!

I knew I should have bought the Intel flux capacitor... the AMD version just doesn't have the Front Side TemporalBus, and it needs 1.4 jiggawatts, instead of the normal 1.21!
:mad:



You should see my heat sink....

I hear on the AMD's you need to get to 98MPH instead of the usual 88MPH with the intel's.
 
(The steel version is significantly cheaper than the aluminum version, and is less prone to tipping over.)

But.... what, it still tips over on occasion? That may be a bit of a problem:)

Seriously, I have been thinking of getting one of these boxes, and I am a little concerned by your comments.... Do they honestly tip over? Because if thats the case, I have just made my decision... and I will not be getting one..
 
But.... what, it still tips over on occasion? That may be a bit of a problem:)

Seriously, I have been thinking of getting one of these boxes, and I am a little concerned by your comments.... Do they honestly tip over? Because if thats the case, I have just made my decision... and I will not be getting one..
Just repeating warnings from other forums of accidents during the build process. The aluminum model doesn't have a lot of mass to it, and all the drive bays are in the front up top. A stack of drives weighs as much as the case does, so it's easy to get careless and tip it over onto it's face until some weight is added to the bottom. The steel version packs on a few dozen extra pounds, so tipping one over requires a fair amount of effort.

There are lots of holes in the bottom, so it would also be easy to bolt a counterweight underneath. Adding 50 pounds of steel to the bottom turns it into a piece of furniture.. :p
 
Back
Top