Moving to Ohio, How is Time Warner cable ISP?

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking at getting the 15mbps\786 package for $45 a month. I called and asked them about monthly bandwidth usage limits but they either didn't know or un surely said there is not limit. Does anyone have experience with Time Warner and bandwidth caps?

Is there a better ISP besides Timer Warner? I already checked and there is no FIOS there :(

Nope. No FIOS in Ohio. TW is probably the most available. As you've probably deduced, their upload speeds are embarrassing compared to other carriers. If you want just Internet service from them, it's good and reliable. If you'll be getting digital cable, you may want to shop around first.

And, of course, no one needs a landline anymore.

when I was on TW, there was no bandwidth cap on their service. It was a few years ago though, so things could of changed.

45.00 a month doesnt sound bad at all for that connection, for sake of comparison, I'm paying roughly the same amount of 3mb DSL. The upload sucks, but honestly, how often are you going to need more than that?

All in all, I liked TW because you didn't need to sign a contract and it was, for the most part, very reliable. Once my DSL contract is up, and if FIOS isn't in the area yet, I'll be going back to TW for internet

Oh yeah. I still use them, and haven't noticed any capping. I'm on the 7Mbps plan.

How did you get 15Mbps for $45? The 7Mbps package is $45/mo. for a year, then it goes up to $50. Are you getting special pricing for a year?

I'd talk to them again and verify if that's static pricing or new customer/promotional pricing.

I am in central Ohio (Columbus area) and have been on WOW for about 6 years. Their prices are pretty good, they offer a 2MB upload option, Static IP is $10/mo and they have not complained about running servers (email, web, ftp, etc). Two years ago ATT Uverse went down my road but I have not tried it yet. When I was in the Dayton area, I had Earthlink through TW for a year and although it worked, it was just average service (at least back then). My parents are in eastern Ohio and have Comcast. Overall it has been reliable but their customer service is severely lacking.

If I had to recommend one, I would take a look at WOW. They even have a referral discount that could save you $25.

Back