Moving to mobile

citizen

Weaksauce
I'm considering moving to mobile and selling my desktop. Currently I'm running a 3800x2, 7800gtx with 2gb ram and a 10k raptor. What kind of price range would I be looking at to get a 15.4" or under laptop with equivalent and or more horsepower?

asus g2 i a pretty gd gaming laptop.

in canada theres different models depending on specs $1700-4000

$1700 specs
ASUS G1S-A1 Core 2 T7500 965PM 2GB 160GB 15.4IN WSXGA+ GeForce 8600 GT 256M Vista Premium

$4000 specs
ASUS G2S-EXTREME Core 2 X7800 965 2GB 200GB 17.1IN WUXGA Gf 8600 GT BLU-RAY Vista Ultimate

i tested a test model and it outperformed my lg s1

My budget would be <$1500, how would the Battalion 101 CZ-7 Ultra Notebook stack up in performance against my desktop rig?

the 8600m is almost exactly the same speed as the 7600gt desktop card, but the processor is much faster in the laptop. At that resolution I'd say for most games you'd get roughly the same frame rates, a little lower but not too much, but for gpu intensive games like crysis you'd notice a difference. I actually ordered the cz-7, if you want I can test it a bit and tell you how it runs once I get it.

Edit:
In response to what Danny said.....ew......

Well you will be taking a cut in performance. I say your best bet is dells new XPS 1530. They have a sale which fits right in with your budget.

T7500 2.2GHZ
3GB Ram
160GB 7200RPM or 250GB 5400RPM
8600GT 256MB GDRR3
15.4 inch LCD options are WXGA,(50$ extra) WXGA+ or (100$ extra) WSXGA+
Intel Draft N
Bluetooth 355
3 year warranty with onsite service which is fantastic.

for 1399$. If you are a student, you can buy through the EPP and get 8% off. With the above you could get it for under 1500$ But if you spend 1599, you can get the full 12% and thus keeping it right around 1500$

is cyberpower and ibuypower affiliated in any way?

I thought I read they were owned or started by the same guy/management group...

correct me if I'm wrong though :confused:

I thought they affiliated. From the reviews I have read both companies are horrible. I would recommend either the Asus or the Dell laptop. When it comes to laptop it pays to buy from more reputible companies.

I swapped for this one http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X5-5850_Notebook/ it seems better and they have a much better rating than Ibuypower. If you want I can let you know how it goes so you can know if you should order it.

I wouldn't go with Cyberpower either. IBuypower and Cyberpower are owned by cousins I believe. And Cyberpower is still pretty crappy IMO. Check out the following links to see why:
http://consumer.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTA0MCwsLGhjb25zdW1lcg==
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1242725&highlight=Cyberpower

Also,you don't want to be cyberpowerfucked.

So like with Ibuypower laptop, I recommend ditching the Cyberpower laptop. Like tacosareveryyummy, when it comes to laptops, it pays to buy from more reputable companies.

Asus and Dell are good places to look for a gaming laptop.

Back