Is it easy for a Windows user to adjust to OSX?
This will be for my dad. He is obviously not as tech-savvy as most people here. He uses his computer a lot, mostly Office. I bought him a Dell laptop about 3-4 years back, it still works fine, but I had to buy a new battery after 2 years, and the screen is a TN panel.
I've been saving and was thinking for a Christmas gift to buy him a new laptop. I've never really considered the Mac before, he's been using Windows forever, high cost etc. But maybe it will be a good choice if its easier to use and more resistant to malware?
Thoughts? I'm concerned it will mean relearning a lot of basics (like Finder vs Explorer, how to switch windows etc) and is not worth it?
This will be for my dad. He is obviously not as tech-savvy as most people here. He uses his computer a lot, mostly Office. I bought him a Dell laptop about 3-4 years back, it still works fine, but I had to buy a new battery after 2 years, and the screen is a TN panel.
I've been saving and was thinking for a Christmas gift to buy him a new laptop. I've never really considered the Mac before, he's been using Windows forever, high cost etc. But maybe it will be a good choice if its easier to use and more resistant to malware?
Thoughts? I'm concerned it will mean relearning a lot of basics (like Finder vs Explorer, how to switch windows etc) and is not worth it?