• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Moving the pagefile, is it really needed?

Appa

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
2,748
Right now I am running a Raptor 150 boot/system/gaming drive, 200 gig WD SATAII media drive, and I have a 400 Gig WD4000KS drive coming. Would I see a performance increase by moving the pagefile to the 200 gig drive?

Also, what should my settings be if I chose to move the pagefile? Should I tell WinXP there is "no pagefile" on the raptor and move it completely to the 200 gig? Or should I create a small pagefile on that drive, but put the large one on the 200?
 
I think you should keep it on the Raptor 150.
I would just leave it alone because the other drive is slower.
You would have to buy another raptor 150 and use that for the pagefile
and storage, well that's if I understand this correctly anyways.

But I could very easily be wrong







EDIT: Now you got me wondering if it would make sense to move it to the 200 gig HD?
 
Yeah I know man, I've been thinking just as you are. However, I've been reading many articles online stating that there is a performance increase by moving it. So now I am really confused.

I can't find any hard data with a "before/after" analysis, however.
 
If you go to C.P.>system>advanced tab>performance tab>advanced>virtual memory and make a page file on your fastest non-OS hard drive in addition to the system drive, Windows will start using the non-system HD during the next reboot. You will see an increase as the processes can be carried out simultaneously in lieu of sequentially (when HDs in question are on separate channels).

just one of many
 
Back
Top