Moving system files?

My pc was originally a compaq purchased about 7 years ago. The only thing left of the original pc is the case (everything else was updated), but there's one minor problem. It had a partition on the system drive called System_Sav. I have installed a newer version of windows in that time, but it was just an update. Till yesterday I had a 60 GB HD in there, only using up 17 GB on the C drive. The smaller System Sav partition was 3 GB. I just switched it with a 38 GB raptor (I have a 250gb drive in there for media files) and it's running fine, but the system_sav drive shrunk to 2 GB, since I migrated the old system to the new drive. I'm not sure if the system_sav drive put the files somewhere else or just cut it extremely close, since I now only had 1.5 MB of space left on it. I looked online and people were saying system_sav was just used to restore the system, so tried moving one of the folders to another drive. When I did that everything was fine until I restarted my PC and noticed windows wouldn't load. I had to go into safe mode to move the file back to the System_Sav drive.

This isn't a problem now (it's not effecting performance or anything), but I really don't like had only 1.5mb of space on that partition. Is there any way of creating a link to a different location? The system needs to access those files to boot windows, but if I could somehow redirect it that would be great.

Back