Moving RAID set up plz help

aL Mac

Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
949
Motherboard died... moving to another motherboard with RAID.

Do I need to insert the XP disc and hit F10 for installing raid drivers, or will it somehow do this automatically?
After that do I just exit? how exactly does this work.

Waiting to get my mobo.

Also I'm moving from one intel chipset to another. 850 --> 865PE

I assume I need new drivers going from Promise PDC20276 RAID to Gigabit RAID controller chips.
 
You may have to repair XP or give it a parallel install to get at your data. Either way, I'd recover your data, and then start over with a fresh install.
 
Especialy with the total architectural change. I hope you realizie the I850 boards use rdram and your new board uses ddr memory.

The difference between chipsets is significant not to mention the memory controller hubs. I would go clean install after salvaging important files. I suspect serious headaches including Windows balking on your new config since its so different it may think your attempting to put a copy on another machine
 
Back
Top