moving Raid 0 drives from 1 controller to next

inelegant

Weaksauce
I'm upgrading from MSI K9a Platinum to ASUS Crosshair III and believe it will work but I want to know if something is done wrong by just listing the raid 0 array when I load the new computer. Because of the difference in sata raid controllers. Thanks in advance.

I am not 100% sure, BUT, I believe if the controllers are different, theres a good chance youll have problems and have to reformat/rebuild the array. Back it up just in case.

Probably not going to work, but the good news is that it's not that hard to restore your disks.

I just had a similar problem. I was fortunate enough to have a pretty good back-up image of all my disks, I just used my windows 7 repair DVD and I was back in business in a couple hours.

If your using the Intel ICH chipset, it will work, they are backwards compatible.

Jumping between other chipsets will not.

If your using the Intel ICH chipset, it will work, they are backwards compatible.

Jumping between other chipsets will not.

sgrinavi had tried jumping to another board with the same chipset (ICH10R) and still had issues. OP: have a backup just in case.

Back