Moving mail from Mac to PC

raskren

n00b
Hi,

I'm moving a friend from the Mac OS9 platform back to the <sarcasm>darkside</sarcasm>. That is a P4 based machine by Dell and Windows XP Pro. The only thing left to do is move her local mail over to either Outlook or Outlook Express on the PC (or whatever will take it). We're using Eudora (6, I think) on the Mac and there doesn't appear to be any sort of export function at all. Other email apps such as Netscape Communicator, Entourage, and OE will import mail but none of them have an export function either. I think that Entourage uses a semi-standard MBOX format for mail files but yet again, I can't find any way to convert MBOX to any other format (pst, html, csv...anything!) and there does not appear to be any apps on the PC that will import an MBOX file. I can't remember if its only Entourage for X that does this though.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

PC Eudora will not import Mac Eudora files. Eudora stinks, on both platforms. The end user doesn't want it anymore either.

Sorry, let me clarify that. I can't get PC Eudora to accept Mac Eudora files. Maybe it can be done, I don't know.

Back