• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Moving from Raid 0 to one drive?

the7ftman

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
480
I currently have two wd2500ks drives in raid 0 that are running my operating system. I am going to be selling my current comp and would like to take one of those drives with me and use it in a jbod setup on my new system. I also have a 250gb external. My question is, how do I go from Raid 0 on two drives to one drive with all of the info? Ive looked all over these forums and havent found a way to do it. If you know of a particular thread dealing with the same issue, than please let me know.
 
simple answer is, you can't. if you break a raid 0 array (or it dies), all the data is gone. backup the stuff you want before destroy the array.
 
Hmmmm, couldn't you make a ghost image of the disk (it should be seen as one disk) and then restore that Ghost image onto the one disk?

I don't know if you can - I'm a ghost newbie, but it seems that it would be feasible.
 
I can do it with Drive Image 2002 and Acronis True Image, I would hope recent Ghost releases could.
 
Recent Ghost releases? Heck, if you can get them to do *anything* you're ahead of the curve :rolleyes:

Backup, break array, restore from backup. The rest is left as an exercise to the reader.

 
Back
Top