• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Moving from HD570 to ?? Help

OrAnGe

Gawd
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
778
I've never owned more comfortable headphones than my HD570's. So giving them up is tough but i'm looking for something better.

At the moment I just have my HD570's going into my klipsch Promedia 5.1 ultra's headphone jack and into the Creative X-Fi.

I am sticking with the sound card but what headphone setup would you recommend?

I do like headphones that are more bass heavy than these HD570's but if there are some headphones that can thump pretty good and sound great all around... i'm all ears.

When you respond I also wonder if running whatever you mention through the klipsch control unit is going to be ok or if another method is favored.

Budget is... well... flexible. Just not on the real high end. $225 + - .. ish.
 
a900(my pref), hd595(2nd fav), hd600, beyer dt-770 but needs an amp.

it all depends on wether you game heavily or not, are you gonna get an amp/have one etc. Do a search tons of info by yours truely. I dont use speakers, but i hear its not ideal to use the headphone jacks out of speakers.
 
strikeout said:
a900(my pref), hd595(2nd fav), hd600, beyer dt-770 but needs an amp.

it all depends on wether you game heavily or not, are you gonna get an amp/have one etc. Do a search tons of info by yours truely. I dont use speakers, but i hear its not ideal to use the headphone jacks out of speakers.

Yea, most of it will be gaming / music. Gaming mainly. I'll get an amp if its needed / recommended and if the headphones+amp aren't tooooooo much. How do your 595's or 600's compare the a900, to your ears anyways.

Are the hd595 and HD570 worlds apart?
 
i dont have 595s, but ive used my clansmates alot and heard the 600s. The a900 has the best positioning of the all hands down. A900 has a better soundstage, sounds seems more wider than on the 595. however, i like the 595 better for music because of non recessed mids, but not by much. I dont like the 600s cus the are very laid back, imagine having your speakers 3 feet away from your ears. Now put the same speakers 6in away, thats the foward/in your face sound of the a900/595. Beyers, i like the bass prolly a 9/10 vs 8/10 on the a900 but then again you need an amp. They say a pa2v2 is a good choice ($60) but you may want to go with something a little more beefy like a pimeta ($150 base). I havent heard the 570s, what do they sound like in relation to other popular cans that you've heard?

of course my ad2000 trumps them all overall, but i think they are a little out of price range you spec'd ($750 new)
 
The DT770's are looking good. The a900's look like they would be less comfortable especialy if you have glasses. Never liked those leather like pads.

Looking for the difference between the DT770's and the DT770 Pro's. Theres a 10$ difference but i'm not sure what else other than headband size.

It is kind of nice having the headphones in the headphone jack on teh Klipsch control unit. Because I press one button to go between speakers and headphones and the unit provides additional power for the headphones and can be cranked up much louder.

Pa2v2 and DT770's possibly. Although the beyers looks like the cord is not detachable. I always end up messing the cord at the base of the earcup. So... thats something to think about.

Edit: DT770's look good. But Pro or Non-Pro?? What would be a good amp for a decent price. I don't need a portable amp.
 
Ok well i've ordered the Beyer DT770's. Since i've read these need to be amped what amp would you recommend for less than $100. I'd prefer not to have to change batteries on an amp all the time, I don't need portable.
 
Back
Top