Oct 15, 2005 #1 X XSNiper [H]ard|Gawd Joined Apr 3, 2004 Messages 1,372 Is there any efficient way to transfer data between two hardrives? And if so, is it possible to move data from an IDE drive to a SATA?
Is there any efficient way to transfer data between two hardrives? And if so, is it possible to move data from an IDE drive to a SATA?
Oct 15, 2005 #2 A Asian Dub Foundation Supreme [H]ardness Joined Aug 1, 2005 Messages 7,940 plug both drives to same pc and just drag and drop is what i do... ide and sata interfaces dosent really matter...
plug both drives to same pc and just drag and drop is what i do... ide and sata interfaces dosent really matter...
Oct 15, 2005 #3 R Ruffy [H]ard|Gawd Joined Mar 31, 2001 Messages 2,018 drag and drop or use a program like Acronis True image to clone the drive
Oct 15, 2005 #4 X XSNiper [H]ard|Gawd Joined Apr 3, 2004 Messages 1,372 Also, if I get another drive will I have to install windows on it or will it just add itself in? (Off topic: I see the bluestorm is popular here.. )
Also, if I get another drive will I have to install windows on it or will it just add itself in? (Off topic: I see the bluestorm is popular here.. )
Oct 15, 2005 #5 B BillLeeLee [H]F Junkie Joined Jul 2, 2003 Messages 13,486 Your current windows install should see the drive after installation. You'll have to partition it though.
Your current windows install should see the drive after installation. You'll have to partition it though.