Movies won't play Instantly

Hi, I never noticed this issue before. After playing a 1080p movie in VLC, after immediately closing that movie and clicking on another one, the movie will not instantly play.

It won't open to play in VLC. After 10 seconds the movie will play after clicking it but then clicking on another movie right after will not open for about 10 seconds. It happens with any of my 1080p movies in VLC.

Movies open instantaneously in Media Player Classic Home Cinema. What do you think is causing this? I uninstalled and reinstalled VLC. Please help.

Do you still have the bad disk you had in the previous thread on the same topic?

Yes :(, My Movies aren't on the bad drive though, they are on my secondary drive, could the bad drive still be causing this issue? I'm bringing my computer into Microcenter today and they will perform a full diagnostic , install the new drive and reinstall Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.

The bad/weak sector(s) could be part of the OS that needs to load vlc or other dlls that vlc depends on. So yes this could still be the cause of the delay.

I brought the computer into microcenter and they will run a diagnostic to make sure that the drive isn't the only problem. Do you think that my media and movies could be corrupt on my secondary drive because my boot drive is not in good health :confused:?

I brought the computer into microcenter and they will run a diagnostic to make sure that the drive isn't the only problem. Do you think that my media and movies could be corrupt on my secondary drive because my boot drive is not in good health :confused:?

Anyone?

while it is always possible that both drives could be taking a dive, not exactly probable.

just because your main drive is going bad doesn't mean that it's causing the movie/data drive to go bad or get corrupt data.

Hi, I had a new drive installed in my PC, I had the bad one taken out. The tech reinstalled Windows 7. I reinstalled all my applications and now my movies play instantly :). Question: Why do you think that happened with some of my TV Shows not playing instantly? The tech said that he saw no data corruption after running the diagnostic, only that the drive failed the Smart test, he thought that I should copy all my data to my new drive which would be quicker but I said no. Thanks

Check the video output settings.... MPC has about 10+ settings and if I have a problem with video, changing the settings usually fixes it 9 times outta 10

One of the settings are vmR-7 or vmR-9 .... just go to the player options, and then try changing the button to a different video output setting

Regardless of any data corruption, the HDD (ie: the main OS drive) is also used for the Windows swap file and as a cache for most programs. So any issues with the main drive can/will affect any thing that you do on the PC...even browsing (as that too is cached).

Back